PDA

View Full Version : Default Service and Billing

voncorp
12-30-2004, 06:26 AM
Is there a way to set the payment default to Freight Collect in v3 Basic for Goldmine? (We only ship UPS freight collect, all prepay and add shipments go Fedex)

Is there a way to set a default service?
Alternatively, is there a way to specify on the command line the default service so we could set up two opt lines in our user.ini for the two service types we use?

Thank you!
Martin von Herrmann

SYSOPS
12-30-2004, 07:06 AM
No option to set the default payment type. Currently the only command line options are for the different shipment types (Ground, Air, etc).

SYSOPS

voncorp
12-30-2004, 07:19 AM
I searched the help file and found options for using a saved template, but is this the only way to specify? What are the command line options for different services?

SYSOPS
12-30-2004, 08:00 AM
I retract my last response, not enough coffee this morning. I was thinking of ShipRush FedEx (only allows for command line switches).

With ShipRush UPS, you can save a template, and then load that as a command line switch.

Steps:
Bring up an airbill in ShipRush UPS
Set it to your liking (freight collect, weight, etc)
More | Save
Save to a location of your liking and make sure to set the extension to .FRU

Now in GoldMine you can create a FileMenu option for this:
Opt1=UPS Freight Collect,"c:\program files\z-firm llc\ShipRush3.exe" /template="C:\Program Files\Z-Firm LLC\ShipRush v3\menu\yourtemplatename.FRU",,5

Reload GoldMine
Contact | UPS Freight Collect
This will then load up your Freight Collect template, ready for shipping.

You can create a whole set of these FileMenu items for different shipment types, or create buttons in GM to do this as well.

HTH,
SYSOPS (with more coffee now)

voncorp
12-30-2004, 08:05 AM
That works great! Thanks for the example because for some reason when I looked at the help file I ignored the " " marks around the filename and it wasn't working correctly. Thanks!