PDA

View Full Version : Help with error please

mxsouth
06-08-2008, 12:59 PM
Hi Guys:

We just upgraded to V6 for Shiprush UPS Pro, and installed the USPS for the first time as well. The installs went very smoothly. We are getting an error though when trying to use USPS. Here it is.....

IntlShipmentIndo.contentOther .SetStringRepresentation Failed: String too long.

Also, when the import comes in the Shipping name is put into the address field in Shiprush. What do we need to fix that?

Thanks,

MX South

SYSOPS
06-08-2008, 01:05 PM
Can you provide a screenshot of the item dialed up in ShipRush? Email that to support at zfirmllc dot com so we can try and replicate here.

Thank you,
SYSOPS

mxsouth
06-08-2008, 01:18 PM
Not sure what youmean by dialed up, but I will replicate the problem again and email it right over.

Note: The problem seems to be when I change the the country. I can open up a blacnk shipment, change the country to Chile and bing, error box.

mxsouth
06-08-2008, 02:47 PM
I sent it. Did you guys receive it, OK?

SYSOPS
06-08-2008, 02:51 PM
We did. We will hopefully be able to review first thing in the morning.

SYSOPS

SYSOPS
06-09-2008, 09:16 AM
I see the address parsing issue. I will pass along to development to review. I know they have been working on the INTL address parsing.

I do not get the error when I do a test shipment with the info from the screenshot or by changing the Country. I will ask development to review as well.

SYSOPS

mxsouth
06-09-2008, 10:38 AM
Thanks. Any idea of a time frame? Day, week, month? I was really excited to see you now had the USPS version. We are in desperate need of this software. Also, we are due for a UPS Pro renewal at the end of the month and I need to sort this out before then. Please let me know if you are able.

SYSOPS
06-09-2008, 10:55 AM
No timeframe is available. I have it reported to development and they will need to review and respond.

SYSOPS

mxsouth
06-09-2008, 02:10 PM
Hey guys, we ran into another problem today. Actually, and old Version 3 problem that is back again with the new 6.0 Version of UPS Pro, that we saw fixed with version 5 in the past. The problem is that when we have an international billing address, but a domestic shipping address, Shiprush freaks out and jumbles the addresses all around. This is similar to the address problems we see in the USPS now as well. Hopefully, you guys can sort this out for us as well.

SYSOPR
06-11-2008, 09:41 AM
We just upgraded to V6 for Shiprush UPS Pro, and installed the USPS for the first time as well. The installs went very smoothly. We are getting an error though when trying to use USPS. Here it is.....

IntlShipmentIndo.contentOther .SetStringRepresentation Failed: String too long.

Thank you for this write up. The engineers are asking for more detail.

Could you please dial up this shipment again, and use the Save Template feature? (You enter all the shipment info, then on the main ShipRush form, click the little truck on the top left of the title bar, and select Save Template. Check ALL the boxes. Save the the zpk and email it to support at zfirmllc.com )

Thank you!

SYSOPR
06-11-2008, 09:48 AM
Hey guys, we ran into another problem today. Actually, and old Version 3 problem that is back again with the new 6.0 Version of UPS Pro, that we saw fixed with version 5 in the past. The problem is that when we have an international billing address, but a domestic shipping address, Shiprush freaks out and jumbles the addresses all around. This is similar to the address problems we see in the USPS now as well. Hopefully, you guys can sort this out for us as well.

This may well be resolved in the next update (.2721 or higher), which will be available shortly.

mxsouth
06-11-2008, 01:47 PM
Hi guys. Which one? UPS, or USPS are you asking for?

SYSOPS
06-11-2008, 02:13 PM
Do you get this error with both? If so, one of each please. Also make sure to fill out the Export document area as you normally would.

SYSOPS

mxsouth
06-11-2008, 04:38 PM
I don't know anything about the Export doc area. We haven't made it that far yet with the software. Yes, some issues with both. I wrote that to you previously. At the rate we are going we may be emailing for days. Any chance I can get with you guys on the phone? I have my renewal coming up in a few days and I know you guys give some phone support with the purchase. Let me know please as we are a insanely active mail order company and this back and forth is killing me.

SYSOPR
06-11-2008, 05:44 PM
Phone support is always available! (For some ShipRush users there is a charge for phone support.)

mxsouth
06-17-2008, 09:37 AM
Thanks for all your help, Scott. I ran into a problem though, last night when setting up our new procedures with Shiprush USPS. We found out that Insurance is not possible through the software.

1. I'm presuming that this is done through Endicia? Do you know any other way?

2.Also, if we have to go through Endicia, is that a different version than what we have working now?

3. Lastly, I saw a "Manifest" option in there. I think within the customs area. What is that? Maybe helpful for us in regards to paying through our USPS corporate account?

SYSOPS
06-17-2008, 09:46 AM
We found out that Insurance is not possible through the software.
1. I'm presuming that this is done through Endicia? Do you know any other way?
That is correct. You can set Customs Value, but no actual insurance in USPS. If you do insurance through a 3rd party, you can set the insurance amount on the Reference Line and run a report each day to send to your Insurer.

2.Also, if we have to go through Endicia, is that a different version than what we have working now?
Yes. You would have to download SR Endicia and setup. Separate programs.

3. Lastly, I saw a "Manifest" option in there. I think within the customs area. What is that? Maybe helpful for us in regards to paying through our USPS corporate account?
Maybe that was Hold for Manifest? Honestly, don't know what that would be in regards to for INTL shipping. My guess is it would set a hold on the package of some sort.

SYSOPS

mxsouth
06-17-2008, 09:50 AM
Thanks. Will the SR Endicia replace the verion I have now, or will it exist as a 3rd SR installation?

SYSOPS
06-17-2008, 10:08 AM
3rd installation. You might want to delete the USPS shortcuts to reduce confusion.

SYSOPS