PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Party Insurance?

wwinds
06-12-2008, 05:40 AM
Hello all,
We have just installed ShipRush for USPS and Endicia, and I am still setting it up to use.
One thing I noticed, there seems to be a choice for USPS insurance or Endicia insurance but not for 3rd party insurance.
We use a 3rd party insurance for all shipments, and there is a setting for that in Dazzle, but does ShipRush have that option as well?
We are really wanting to us ShipRush exclusively for both USPS and UPS instead of bouncing back and forth while shipping, but how do we use 3rd party insurance?

SYSOPL
06-12-2008, 10:15 AM
ShipRush does not integrate directly with any 3rd party insurance companies but you can enter the desired insured value in the reference field - this will print on the label. Many customers create reports from the 'View Shipments' area and send that to the 3rd party insurance company.

Also - keep in mind that the insurance provided by Endicia is actually through U-PIC which is a popular choice for 3rd party insurance.

RMJErdman
03-14-2009, 07:21 PM
Ok, so here's an important follow up question. I own a business that ships dozens of small, inexpensive products each month. I have an endicia/shiprush account and just realized after trying it for the first month and a half or so that desping my not choosing it (guess it was a default), all of my first 125-130 packages were insured by endicia (U-PIC I guess?). I don't want insurance. Today, after receiving a reply from endicia customer support, I was told to turn off the endicia insurance option. The only choice I see in the software settings menu is to toggle from endicia insurance to usps insurance. So either way, it's costing me a ton of extra money to use endicia as a shipping solution. I want to turn off insurance altogether. Is there no way to do this??? Please help, as the benefit of shiprush is worth the $39.95/month, but the nearly doubling of my shipping costs is clearly not, and if i can't fix the problem I'm going to scrap the service. Thanks, - Treadders.com

SYSOPR
03-14-2009, 08:39 PM
Easy to solve!

Just don't enter a Declared Value.

The Declared Value is you saying "I want coverage." Leaving it blank will instantly give zero insurance.

(Does that help?)

RMJErdman
03-15-2009, 03:35 AM
Thank you SO MUCH!

SYSOPR
03-15-2009, 07:15 PM
The only way I know of to do third party insurance is:

1) In ShipRush leave the declared value field blank (always)
2) In the reference field, enter the declared value as a number (100, 400, etc)
3) In ShipRush history, export a report (you can export to PDF and Excel) and submit that to the insurance provider

HTH