PDA

View Full Version : Serial Scale

konrad
06-12-2008, 03:52 PM
I have a Mettler Toledo PS60 but it is several years old and only has a serial interface. This scale works wonderfully in ups's worldship. Was wondering if i can use it in shiprush usps. Also how does the scale interface with your program? Do i have to have the package on the scale before i start processing the label or can i put it on at any point? Worldship is constantly changing its shipping value to match the scales until you hit ship. Our printer is also a ups branded zebra lp2844 printer would this work for usps?

Also as a side question(know this is the wrong forum but if the admins could answer that would be great). Like you might already notice i love worldship as a shipping tool but the two things it lacks is automatic email support and updating for ebay. These are things i see are available for on shiprush usps but my question is, do you offer a solution with all of these things:

USPS Support
UPS Support
Retrieval of information from ebay
Updating ebay for sent items
Emailing customer with tracking information(from information retrieved from ebay)

Pretty much automation of the entire process. Would like to stick a package on a scale, note which item it is, fill out any custom forms, and away the thing goes.

SYSOPR
06-12-2008, 04:28 PM
I have a Mettler Toledo PS60 but it is several years old and only has a serial interface. This scale works wonderfully in ups's worldship. Was wondering if i can use it in shiprush usps. Also how does the scale interface with your program? Do i have to have the package on the scale before i start processing the label or can i put it on at any point? Worldship is constantly changing its shipping value to match the scales until you hit ship. Our printer is also a ups branded zebra lp2844 printer would this work for usps?

The LP2844 printer should work fine. For Endicia printing it may need a firmware update to print the postage bar code.

The scale is in the list of scales in ShipRush. We do not offer tech support for serial scales any more, but it will probably work fine.

SYSOPR
06-12-2008, 04:29 PM
Also as a side question(know this is the wrong forum but if the admins could answer that would be great). Like you might already notice i love worldship as a shipping tool but the two things it lacks is automatic email support and updating for ebay. These are things i see are available for on shiprush usps but my question is, do you offer a solution with all of these things:

USPS Support
UPS Support
Retrieval of information from ebay
Updating ebay for sent items
Emailing customer with tracking information(from information retrieved from ebay)

Pretty much automation of the entire process. Would like to stick a package on a scale, note which item it is, fill out any custom forms, and away the thing goes.

Yes, ShipRush does everything above. In fact, ShipRush does several additional things.

But, ShipRush does not offer UPS support. We have provided ShipRush to UPS, but so far UPS has not made it available to shippers.

konrad
06-12-2008, 04:49 PM
Yes, ShipRush does everything above. In fact, ShipRush does several additional things.

But, ShipRush does not offer UPS support. We have provided ShipRush to UPS, but so far UPS has not made it available to shippers.

Is there an beta versions that offer this kind of support available? Would love to be able to use one program for all my shipping needs.

SYSOPR
06-12-2008, 04:55 PM
Is there an beta versions that offer this kind of support available? Would love to be able to use one program for all my shipping needs.

You would have to ask UPS. ShipRush for UPS is in their hands.

Sorry!

konrad
06-12-2008, 05:02 PM
You would have to ask UPS. ShipRush for UPS is in their hands.

Sorry!

I will contact them but what should i be asking for? Ebay version of shiprush? How can i have a combined copy of ups shiprush and usps shiprush?

Harvest
06-15-2008, 04:51 AM
Just a note on the scale and printer. I use the exact same scale and printer with shiprush. They work great. I used the zebra drivers, not the UPS drivers. They are available on the zebra website.