PDA

View Full Version : MX South / USPS Endicia on a Network

mxsouth
06-18-2008, 11:52 AM
Hi Scott:

I just did my first install of the Endicia version on my server. I'm ready to do the workstation installs. I didn't notice a client server screen during the first setup, but I do see the "connection settings" options in the advanced options settings. This is the same screen that I'm used to seeing in the other versions. However, it appears to be connected through a "network share" rather than our host direct IP address as with our other versions.

Is this the correct connection setting, and how should I set up the workstations so they see the same database? Will they set up automatically, or will I change the address manually after the setup completes?

Thanks,

Jeff

SYSOPS
06-18-2008, 11:57 AM
The setup on the workstations will be automatic, as you have other flavors of ShipRush already installed. You're just adding another carrier.

That's why you didn't see the question about if this is the server or workstation.

SYSOPS

mxsouth
06-19-2008, 10:57 AM
Thanks, yes the setup went perfectly. I do need some more help though, please. We are all installed and working now. Small problem with printing the Express international paperwork. Normally the USPS website, and USPS Shiprush both print the forms on 2 sheets of paper (2 USPS 1/2 page copies per sheet). However, the USPS Endicia is printing 4 full sheets wasting half a page each time and doubling our paper consumption. How do we get it back to printing all 4 copies on two sheets of paper like it is supposed to do?

SYSOPS
06-19-2008, 11:18 AM
That is how the data is being sent to us from Endicia.

I will push to development to see if this can be put onto two sheets instead of four. Case # is 16403.

SYSOPS

mxsouth
06-19-2008, 11:36 AM
Thanks. Anything I need to do, or just wait to hear back from you here?

SYSOPS
06-19-2008, 11:37 AM
See what development has to say. They will post here, or let me know.

SYSOPS

mxsouth
06-19-2008, 11:39 AM
Funny, I just thought of a short term solution. I could get one of those big gullotine paper cutters and cut blocks of paper into halves. Then load the printer up with half sheets of paper. That would do the trick.

SYSOPS
06-19-2008, 11:46 AM
It would.

SYSOPS

mxsouth
06-23-2008, 05:36 AM
"That is how the data is being sent to us from Endicia. I will push to development to see if this can be put onto two sheets instead of four. Case # is 16403."

Any news on this case?

SYSOPS
06-23-2008, 06:14 AM
It will be at least a week before I have an answer to this question.

SYSOPS

mxsouth
06-26-2008, 01:42 PM
Scott: I know I'm probably jumping the gun, but any chance there is any news on the printing issue yet? Also, any way to set the postage account limit higher for us? We are having to buy postage like 20 times a night with that low $500 limit?

SYSOPS
06-26-2008, 01:47 PM
Nothing on the printing yet.

As far as increasing the limit, you will probably need to contact Endicia and ask them directly. Possibly you can add more to your account from the web, but not from our User Interface.

SYSOPS

mxsouth
06-29-2008, 07:20 AM
Actually, your user interface has an option for $1000, but that doesn't work as they only allow $500 max. Seems since you guys have 1000 in there that someone at some time expected 100 to be used?

SYSOPS
06-29-2008, 07:29 AM
That's possible. It's a rule in affect by Endicia. To add more postage, you would need to contact them to see if it's possible. We have to play by their rules.

SYSOPS

mxsouth
07-06-2008, 10:59 AM
<I will push to development to see if this can be put onto two sheets instead of four. Case # is 16403.>

Any update on the printing issue?

SYSOPR
07-06-2008, 03:25 PM
<I will push to development to see if this can be put onto two sheets instead of four. Case # is 16403.>

Any update on the printing issue?

The case is still in the research zone.

But we are pretty sure the problem can be solved by adjusting the margins, so that the pages do not spill onto a 2nd sheet. A number of sites are using Endicia Intl without this issue, so we feel it can be worked around via the settings area... ?

mxsouth
07-07-2008, 07:06 AM
I thought we looked at that first, but I will look again... I have another one for you. It's a good one, too. You're going to love this one. Makes no sense at all, and I can't find any consistency in it, and can't duplicate it. I'll be really surprised if you have seen this one before. This kind of stuff only happens to us. Every now and then, 10, 15, or 20 shipments when Shiprush gets cranky or something, it spits out a random "J" when running through and pulling in the info from QB. It is never the same and has the potential to really screw up the shipment. Sometimes it puts it in the customer job field, sometimes the Account field, basically anywhere along the way as you see it work its way through the invoice fields. It sticks it in there right in front of whatever data is already there in the field. The really bad one is when it drops it inoto the customer job field. When it does it there, it changes the customer to the first customer name we have that begins with a J, and then then brings in that wrong name! It gets even stranger, too. When we cancel the shipment, correct it back to the right customer, and then try the shipment again it spits it out in a different field. This happens 2-4 times, each time in a different field, and then it works and continues working fine until the next pissy episode. Good one, huh? Any ideas?

SYSOPR
07-07-2008, 07:09 AM
Have never heard of that, you are right!

Send us a screen shot showing the J some time, would you?

mxsouth
07-07-2008, 09:18 AM
OK, I will have her shoot it next time it happens and send it on over. What address?

SYSOPR
07-07-2008, 09:38 AM
support at zfirmllc.com