PDA

View Full Version : Trouble detecting new scale...

jeanie
01-21-2005, 04:28 AM
I just purchased a used Fairbanks 70-2453 scale. I plugged everything in and the scale is on and appears to be working. I changed the scale settings in ShipRush, but when I try to test the scale, it says "scale communication timeout. Check port settings. What have I done wrong? Please help as soon as possible or email Jeanie@DiscountYarnSale.com. Thanks!

SYSOPS
01-21-2005, 07:18 AM
What port is the scale plugged into?

Have you verified that the settings in ShipRush for the scale point to the same port?

The last thing would be to make sure the COM port on the PC works. A bit harder to test, but you can go into Device Manager and see if the COM is enabled and states that it is working in Windows.

SYSOPS

jeanie
01-21-2005, 02:58 PM
I had the scale plugged into the serial port at the back of the (new in '04) pc. I'm not sure which COM port that was and am not sure how to check that. I thought that if I tried using a serial to USB adapter maybe the scale would work and it did ($50 later). The reason I did this was because I want to be able to use the scale with Stamps.com and the only two options Stamps.com gave me was a USB port and something else (not a COM port). The only problem is that the scale still isn't working with Stamps.com, but is now working with ShipRush (which I use much more often). I would have liked for it to have worked without the adapter, but oh well....

SYSOPS
01-21-2005, 03:01 PM
We are working on adding USB support for scales, but that hasn't happened yet.

SYSOPS