PDA

View Full Version : UPS Ship Rush Pro – Port issue

Fletcher
02-09-2005, 02:23 PM
Ship Rush workstations (5 total) and Ship Rush server will not start. Leaves a blank screen when trying to connect to database. I had the same problem earlier (in the year) and had to reassign port numbers for Ship Rush to work. Can you please tell me how to reassign port numbers on the server and workstations.
Thank you,
Fletcher

SYSOPS
02-09-2005, 02:29 PM
To reassign the ports:

On the SR Server PC:
Stop Z-Firm Shipping service
Modify shiprushserver.ini file (located at program files\z-firm llc\shiprush v3)
SOAPPORT value
Start the service

Modify on all PCs with ShipRush installed:
Modify shiprushclient.ini (located at documents and settings\username\application data z-firm llc\shiprush v3)
SOAPPORT value

SYSOPS

Fletcher
02-10-2005, 06:57 AM
Thanks for the information. It, unfortunately, did not work. I changed the port on the server and corresponding workstations, with no luck.

My problem is this: when I start ShipRush, I receive the initial screen with “connecting” appearing in the upper right corner, but ShipRush then stops responding. I am not receiving an error message of any kind – which lead me to believe I had the same port issue as before.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Fletcher

SYSOPS
02-10-2005, 07:05 AM
On any of the PCs with the issue, locate shiprush3.log under application data\z-firm llc\shiprush v3.

Copy the last 15 lines or so and post back here. Maybe that has captured an error message.

SYSOPS