PDA

View Full Version : Printer Compatibility Issue?

lgelato
02-22-2005, 12:23 PM
I just had to install our shiprush on a new workstation. It is a windows xp pro machine with plenty of memory and the like. The printer is a Savin 4045sp. On the old workstation we used this same printer. My problem is the label is printing very small in the top left hand corner of the paper even though I have "wide half page" selected in the settings. It is also printing white type on a black background. When I ran end of day, same thing. Even the Manifest prints in this same 2" by 2.5" black square area at the top left hand corner. Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks, Leigh

SYSOPS
02-22-2005, 12:44 PM
You could try a different printer to see if the issue is specific to the one printer only (not to the software).

Other thing you could try is a different version of the printer driver. Possibly the one from Savin's website rather than the one with XP (if that's how it was setup).

SYSOPS

lgelato
02-24-2005, 09:56 AM
Thanks for the response. The printer was installed with factory drivers, not windows drivers. As I mentioned, this printed worked perfectly on the windows 2000 machine. The only other printer I have is a color laser and it prints ok on that, but I really don't want to print the labels on that one because it costs more to do so. If you have any other ideas as to why ShipRush and the savin printer worked fine on the 2000 machine and don't on the XP machine, I'd appreciate it!

SYSOPS
02-24-2005, 10:41 AM
Try the following:

Go into Settings | Shipping Settings in ShipRush
Printers
Uncheck Fast Printing
Try printing a test label

If that works, it should print your labels during shipment

SYSOPS

lgelato
02-24-2005, 11:02 AM
I have tried that already. They print the same way no matter whether it's checked or not. Other ideas?

SYSOPR
02-24-2005, 11:41 AM
Uncheck fast printing
save settings
exit SR and restart it

If the problem persists, install a Hewlett Packard Laserjet III print driver and point it at your printer. If the printer is PCL compatible, this should fly.