PDA

View Full Version : Problems Connecting

kprince
03-23-2005, 10:21 AM
I have Omnirush installed, Administrator and all.

I then installed Shiprush for UPS. Once it was installed, I rebooted and launched it. A wizard popped up asking me to agree to the terms, which I did. Then it came to a connection screen....I first accepted the default first option, but when I clicked next, it gave me a connection error.
I then chose to build an ADO connection and pointed it the correct database, but still got an error and could not proceed to the next screen.

This database is not the Shiprush/Omnirush database, but a SQL Server database we created based on the database scripts that came with Omnirush.

Your help is appreciated.

SYSOPS
03-23-2005, 11:27 AM
We do not provide support for setting up ShipRush with a custom SQL database.

ShipRush will setup and install its own instance of MSDE, that is the default database.

The script portion that you setup is for OmniRush data only. Storing of jobs, history, contacts, and users.

SYSOPS

kprince
03-23-2005, 11:38 AM
I just created a blank database and ran the scripts that came with Omnirush. This was the reason we bought Omnirush in the first place...so that we could submit jobs to your tables and have them fed over to UPS using your procedures.

Could we have then access to the MSDE database then? Maybe we could add any additional tables we have to that database. We currently have SQL Server 7 installed on our machines? Would this not conflict? Your help is appreciated.

SYSOPS
03-23-2005, 11:49 AM
ShipRush and OmniRush are seperate items. ShipRush must install it's MSDE database first. If you wish to then convert that to a full SQL installation, that is fine (search the forums here for information on that).

The database you installed for OmniRush is to store information about jobs, history, etc, not with ShipRush. The job is first processed by OmniRush, and if a UPS shipping job, will pass to ShipRush to finish the shipment and print a label.

To get ShipRush installed, please uninstall (if available in Add\Remove Programs)
Reboot the PC
Check for and delete the following
program files\z-firm llc\shiprush v3
documents and settings\username\application data\z-firm llc\shiprush v3
program files\microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL$SHIPRUSH3

Stop the SQL Server
Run the installer for ShipRush
Choose to install Server (top option)

If the installer was successful, you should be prompted to reboot the PC

SYSOPS

kprince
03-23-2005, 12:37 PM
Ok..it seems that we only need OmniRush then, not ShipRush?

This is what we have and what we need to do:
We have a VB interface which currently displays all the data within the OR_Contacts table (we ran the script in Omnirush) through the use of ADO.
What we would like to do it just insert a record within the OR_Jobs table to be processed by Omnirush. We'll then check back to this table and OR_Jobs history for the tracking number, etc.

I believe we had this setup initially, without shiprush for ups on our machine, but each time we inserted a record, nothing happened. In the documentation, it states that a ups communication server should have been installed within the Omnirush installation. I checked the Zfirm directory and did not see anything, that's when we assumed that we needed to install the shiprush for UPS.

I'm trying to give you as much info as possible, but if you could be specific about what needs to be installed and what steps need to be done for us to insert a record into the jobs table (through the Visual Basic interface) and query that table again, it would help.

SYSOPS
03-23-2005, 12:52 PM
You need ShipRush if you plan to do a UPS shipment. ShipRush and OmniRush must be installed for this to occur. The job is written to the SQL table that you have for OmniRush, and OmniRush passes the job to ShipRush to process and print the label.

The installation portion of ShipRush for use with OmniRush:
http://www.zfirm.com/Product_Documentation/OmniRush/UPS_Shipping_Server.htm

Configuration of OmniRush for UPS Shipping:
http://www.zfirm.com/Product_Documentation/OmniRush/Configuring_UPS_Shipping_Tracks.htm

The record that you insert into the Jobs Table should have a track reference of UPS, or something along those lines. It should match what is set in the Track in OmniRush on the General Tab, Host Reference.

Once this is configured and ready, OR should pick up that job from the table, process, and if successful, move to the OR History table.

Please also indicate what company you are with.

Thank you,
SYSOPS

kprince
03-24-2005, 05:03 AM
The company is called Safer Services.

I've followed your steps and all seems to be well except for one thing.

Now all the modules are running, tracks, launcher, etc. I've inserted a record into the OR_job table, but nothing is happening (no moving over to the shiprush server). I've waited about 15 minutes and still no update. I monitored the UPS shipping module, and it says 0 jobs. What could be the problem?

Again, thanks for your help.

SYSOPS
03-24-2005, 05:54 AM
Open the UPS Track | Information Tab | Highlight All Hosts under Show Jobs For.

Do you see your job listed there? If so, do you have a UPS Module, and is it running?

If you don't see the job there, check the OR_Jobs table for that activity and see if it failed. If it did, what is the message in the notes area?

SYSOPS

kprince
03-24-2005, 02:12 PM
When I checked the OR_Jobs table, I do not see a resultcode (it's null) and the TrackRef field says "MASTER" when "UPS TRACK" was originally entered. Then the LastUsedBy field says "UPS TRACK"...the insert statement used did not place that value within that field.

Is is because the UPS Module is in Demo mode? Is ther a way I could see the transaction actually go from the OR_Jobs table to the OR_JobsHistory table without actually shipping it...for testing purposes only?

SYSOPS
03-24-2005, 03:01 PM
No it must process. So that means a valid UPS account is required.

What is the Host Reference set on your UPS Track in OmniRush (under the Basic Tab)?

That Host Reference must match what you set for the TrackRef in the SQL. If you look at the notes section, is there anything indicating the error message?

SYSOPS

kprince
03-24-2005, 03:35 PM
There is a valid UPS Account# entered. I already activated it with ShipRush. To be clear, since it's in demo mode it will still/wont ship? There is a change in the or_jobs table, but nothing in the history table.

And yes, the host reference does match the UPS Track (it's called UPS Track in the Basic tab). There is nothing in the notes section.

SYSOPS
03-24-2005, 03:42 PM
It will create a shipment in demo mode, and then delete it from the system after that.

To go baseline on this:
Turn off demo mode
Change the Host Reference to UPS (no spaces in the reference name)
Push a job to the OR_Jobs Table
Does it go through the system and end up in the History Table?

If it does, great.
If it doesn't, check the notes for that job in the OR_Jobs Table. If that doesn't contain anything useful, please go into OR Admin | View | Logs | Send Logs to Z-Firm. Choose to send direct and we will receive at the email address already populated in that window.

Thank you,
SYSOPS

kprince
03-24-2005, 04:46 PM
I'm getting this error now in my Notes field.

Account "" not activated and cannot be used to process shipments.

Why is there "" when I have put in the correct account#? I know it is correct because I used the same account# when doing the ShipRush Server wizard, and was able to connect fine.

SYSOPS
03-25-2005, 07:38 AM
Make sure of the following:

In the ShipRush GUI, that you have your account there. Make sure there isn't an empty account in there as well.

In OmniRush, on the UPS Track, under the UPS Settings Tab, you have your account populated there, as well as Address information and printing options set.

My guess is that something isn't set correctly.

SYSOPS

kprince
03-25-2005, 12:28 PM
I ensured that the account# and address are set in both the ShipRush GUI and OmniRush administrator.

When I opened the Shiprush shipping settings screen I get two error messages:
a) TBAString.GetStringRepresentation: Representation 2 not supported occurred when displaying component cb_PickUpType.TvpDataListFollowerController
then followed by
b)The activation request for account '####' failed: (Process AddShipper) Communication error while commissioning.

What's happening here?

SYSOPS
03-25-2005, 12:34 PM
Please call into Support at 206.812.7874. Follow the prompts for Support Queue.

Thank you,
SYSOPS

kprince
03-28-2005, 09:02 AM
I'm over the 30 day timeline..so it directed me to go to Forums?

SYSOPS
03-28-2005, 09:30 AM
Please call into support and follow the prompts for support.

They will know that you were directed to call in from the forums.

Thank you,
SYSOPS