PDA

View Full Version : v3 and v2 picking billing address instead of shipping and....

kgeorge
04-01-2005, 11:24 AM
We have two issues:

1. v3, Fed Ex, is picking up addresses (probably billing) from other receipts (i.e., when we are working on a particular invoice, it picks the address up from a totally different SR or Inv.).

2. v2 and v3, every 3 to 4 times, grabs from the Billing instead of the Shipping address. I have checked the settings on both programs and they are both set to take from the Shipping address. Please explain. This is taking away from the reason we got these programs in the first place: to not have to manually type addresses, etc.

Thank you,
Karen M
Quality America
Quality America

SYSOPS
04-01-2005, 12:02 PM
Have never seen ShipRush pull from a different template, unless you may have focus on that template.

Are you running this in Hybrid mode or Customer Job List?

The next time you notice that it doesn't pull the Shipping Address, take a look at that address information and make sure it adheres to the USPS standards for City, ST, Zip. If the state isn't abbreviated correctly, ShipRush may skip over it and grab the Bill To information instead.

Another thing you could try is to go into the CM Settings for ShipRush and change to Get Both and Ask. Does that always pull in the right data?

SYSOPS

klm
04-04-2005, 09:41 AM
Have never seen ShipRush pull from a different template, unless you may have focus on that template.

Are you running this in Hybrid mode or Customer Job List?

The next time you notice that it doesn't pull the Shipping Address, take a look at that address information and make sure it adheres to the USPS standards for City, ST, Zip. If the state isn't abbreviated correctly, ShipRush may skip over it and grab the Bill To information instead.

Another thing you could try is to go into the CM Settings for ShipRush and change to Get Both and Ask. Does that always pull in the right data?

SYSOPS
We are running this in hybrid mode.

It is pulling from another template and don't know what you mean by "...may fave focus on that template"???

We tried your last suggestion, but it still pulls from the billing.

SYSOPS
04-04-2005, 09:46 AM
Focus:

Do you have focus on the template you're shipping from, or on another one? If you change the focus of the software, ShipRush will pull from the template that is "highlighted".

Does it ask to pull from Shipping as well as Billing? In Hybrid mode, please verify that you have the &3 and &4 are set correctly on the Bill To and Ship To fields.

SYSOPS

klm
04-05-2005, 08:56 AM
Scott,

Thanks for your help. I still do not understand what "focus" means.

Your suggestion yesterday was helpful. We'll see if it keeps happening, but changing the zip in the ship to helped pull the correct address.

Karen

SYSOPS
04-05-2005, 09:35 AM
If you have multiple forms open in QuickBooks (different invoices, etc), the one that has focus (has been clicked on or the header color of the form is highlighted) is where ShipRush should be trying to pull the address information.

Say you have 3 invoices open on the screen, and the one you want to ship to is in front. If for some reason an invoice behind that has the focus (header bar is highlighted or a different color), that is where ShipRush will try and pull the information from.

Does this help?
SYSOPS

klm
04-05-2005, 09:51 AM
That's what I thought you meant. However, our quickbooks version (2004) only allows us to have 1 invoice or SR (or perhaps 1 Inv. and 1 SR) open at a time.

SYSOPS
04-05-2005, 10:16 AM
SR in Hybrid mode will only pull that data from the template on the screen. Very strange.

Is it only sometimes? Can you replicate the problem? If so, please provide me with some of the details of the particular attempt:
How is the address information in the invoice
What is the Customer Name in Customer Job List

You can also do screen shots of QuickBooks, and what the airbill looks like in ShipRush and email that to support at zfirmllc dot com.

SYSOPS

klm
04-05-2005, 10:29 AM
Thanks again Scott. We are not able to replicate that again at this time. If it happens in the future, I will email you those details.

Thanks so much (for your time and quick responses),
Karen

SYSOPR
04-05-2005, 09:29 PM
However, our quickbooks version (2004) only allows us to have 1 invoice or SR (or perhaps 1 Inv. and 1 SR) open at a time.

If it is 1 inv AND 1 SR, then that could cause the problem. You might have the invoice in front, but SR might 'see' the SR and pull from that (or visa versa).

klm
04-07-2005, 05:33 AM
Thanks. Appreciate your help!