PDA

View Full Version : Package not transmitted



adam5532
04-05-2005, 11:10 AM
I just got surprised by being back-billed for a package that I shipped billable to the receiver. UPS says they billed me based on tracking the delivery of the package.

UPS says that the package wasn't listed on the manifest transmitted to them at all, although it shows up on my ShipRush manifest and the total on the Pickup Summary Barcode Report. My manifests show 3 packages, but UPS shows 2.

Any idea what's up? What do you suggest to troubleshoot if this a problem with ShipRush or UPS?

Thanks,
Adam

SYSOPS
04-05-2005, 11:15 AM
You are the first to ever report something like this to my knowledge.

Could you send me a copy of the manifest to support at zfirmllc dot com?

I will pass this along to development to see if they have any suggestions on this. What build of ShipRush are you using (Help | About)?

Thank you,
SYSOPS

adam5532
04-05-2005, 12:05 PM
Thanks for the quick response. I have just emailed you pdf files of the Shiprush manifest and the UPS invoice back charging me for the package.
- Adam

SYSOPS
04-05-2005, 12:18 PM
I have the PDFs of the files.

I will push this to development tomorrow (not available today) and see if they can determine anything.

Were you using ShipRush build 664 back in Feb? I don't think that build was available at that time. I'm wondering if this was a problem in a prior build.

Will let you know what development reports back to me.

Thank you,
SYSOPS

adam5532
04-05-2005, 12:25 PM
I downloaded 664 on March 14th, so yes it must have been an earlier version. I've been good about keeping it updated, so I believe it would have been the previous released build.
Thanks,
Adam

SYSOPR
04-06-2005, 07:40 AM
Thank you for the documents.

From a review, it looks like the collect billing failed, so they billed you. This is standard UPS practice.

The did get the data from the beginning.

So UPS and ShipRush functioned 'per normal' in this case. (Still is no fun, I agree.)

adam5532
04-06-2005, 05:47 PM
Thank you for the documents.

From a review, it looks like the collect billing failed, so they billed you. This is standard UPS practice.

The did get the data from the beginning.

So UPS and ShipRush functioned 'per normal' in this case. (Still is no fun, I agree.)
I asked billing if that was the case, that the recipient had not recognized the charge and had refused to pay. But they said that that was not what happened -- that their airbill only showed two packages, and that this one was billed later because the tracking number was picked up in transit. They had no record of it being a collect billed package, and had no record of the recipient's UPS account that it was supposed to be billed to. You'll also note that they've estimated the weight at 14 pounds, when the actual package weight was 10. So, it still looks to me like something not normal happened, but I don't know if it was in the software, or a screw up inside UPS somewhere.