PDA

View Full Version : FedEx server error

jewels
04-07-2005, 09:34 AM
For the last two nights we have not been able to close out because of an error message:
FedEx server returned error. A Close request has already been processed for the requested date/time. 9806

Second problem is we are not able to send automatic notification to clients when a package is being sent. We tried using the internal shiprush message but get a message from shiprush that the email address is invalid. When trying FedEx we don't receive an error but don't get anything sent.

We are using Shiprush version 2.0. We just downloaded it and reinstalled over what we had previously had to see if that would make a difference but we are getting the same results. We are using quickbooks.

Help

SYSOPS
04-07-2005, 09:56 AM
Is the date\time on the PC correct? Have not seen this error before from FedEx.

As far as the email, you could try to set to external SMTP. Keep in mind that your ISP may block SMTP port 25 traffic by default, which can cause errors.

Otherwise, the option of FedEx for the email should work. That is generated by FedEx.

SYSOPS

jewels
04-07-2005, 10:28 AM
The date and time is correct on the computer. When I called FedEx they asked me to see if there is a transaction log which I can send them that is generated by shiprush? Is there someone at FedEx that is intimate with both your program and theirs that I should speak to?

We have no problem with our outgoing email with outlook which is set to the same port 25 as the FedEx email transmission. Also why shouldn't the shiprush email work?

SYSOPS
04-07-2005, 10:40 AM
The internal ShipRush email is being reworked due to the the continuing changes in email spam catchers. If you set to external SMTP, you may need to set authentication if required by your SMTP server.

I will have someone from development look at this post regarding the error from FedEx.

SYSOPS

SYSOPR
04-07-2005, 10:47 AM
error message:
FedEx server returned error. A Close request has already been processed for the requested date/time. 9806

OK, first some background questions:

1) You ship via FedEx Ground
2) You have for awhile
3) Every day you do the end of day, and it kicks out a page.... until recently

Right?

The 'normal' answer would be: Yes, sometimes folks do shipping on Sunday, so they set their PC date to Monday, do a bunch of shipments, then end the day.
Then Monday they do it again, and they can get this error.

Does that apply to you?

If not, we will need to look into it on our end to see if we can reproduce the problem.

jewels
04-07-2005, 11:43 AM
Everything you said is correct. We do not ship on Saturday or Sunday and have not reworked the date.

SYSOPR
04-07-2005, 12:09 PM
OK.

We cannot reproduce the problem here, and have no other reports of problems.

Do make sure you are running the current build.

There is no other action for us to take at this time.

jewels
04-08-2005, 11:45 AM
When we installed shiprush 1-13-05 it was shiprush v22. I deleted this the other day and downloaded the version that was online shiprush v2. It seems that the version I just downloaded by the version number is older than the one I had in January. What is the latest version and where do I get it.

Thank you

SYSOPS
04-08-2005, 12:22 PM
ShipRush FedeX v2 build 372 is available at:

http://www.zfirm.com/downloads/assets/products/ShipRushv2.exe

SYSOPS