PDA

View Full Version : Fed Ex Ground Collect

rapidtac
06-30-2010, 06:59 AM
Good morning,

My largest customer has requested that all small packages be sent via Fed Ex Ground collect and that we don't need their account number as long as "collect" is chosen as the shipping method. However, as far as I can tell ShipRush requires the account number. Is there a way to bypass this requirement, or should I be putting OUR Fed Ex account number there? (the customer says that my shipper account number is required for pickup and routing purposes, but will not be billed for transportation charges - I am leary of this claim, and don't want to be charged for these "collect" shipments). Please advise! Thanks!

SYSOPS
06-30-2010, 07:09 AM
An account is always required. What if the package is rejected and the customer doesn't want to pay the "collect" charge? FedEx is going to bill somebody. You should discuss with your customer as to who is going to ultimately be responsible for the shipping charges, you or your customer.

SYSOPS

SYSOPR
06-30-2010, 07:16 AM
To install ShipRush, a FedEx account is always needed.

This is a FedEx requirement.

It would be normal to use your own account number during setup.

rapidtac
06-30-2010, 07:38 AM
I think you may have misunderstood my question. When you choose "collect" in processing a shipment using ShipRush, a box pops up asking for the account number of the recipient. Is there any way to bypass this requirement?

rapidtac
06-30-2010, 07:44 AM
The customer has been set up with a FedEx Ground Collect Placard and thus their account information should be imbedded into the barcode label. They are requiring that all shipments are sent collect. When the package is delivered the driver scans the placard to obtain the billing information. When a shipment is done online the customer's account number doesn't need to be filled in - when it is done through shiprush it is required by the program.

SYSOPL
06-30-2010, 08:06 AM
Have you enabled FedEx Collect billing in the ShipRush settings? Under the Shipment Defaults area there is a checkbox to enable this billing feature. When you select Collect as the payment type - there is a field for the customers account but it is not required for the shipment. If ShipRush is requiring the recipient account when Collect billing is selected, please give us the full version/build of ShipRush and the message you receive when processing a Collect shipment.

Please note this is a contract account service. If the customer has not enabled their account for Collect billing, the shipper will be billed for the transportation charges.

Here's what the FedEx 2010 Service Guide says about FedEx Collect Billing:

"FedEx GroundĀ® COLLECT This payment option allows you, as the recipient, to be invoiced directly for inbound shipments, so you can control costs and avoid charges added by your suppliers. You receive a weekly itemized invoice detailing charges. You do not need to disclose your account number to your suppliers, who ship as usual by selecting this option via their FedEx Ship ManagerĀ® shipping solution. Available in the U.S. and Canada. Not available for FedEx Home Delivery. Account setup is required before you direct suppliers to ship via FedEx Ground COLLECT. Contact your FedEx account executive for more information."

rapidtac
06-30-2010, 08:20 AM
Thank you thank you thank you - it was not enabled, but I did so and now everything seems to be working fine :-)

lh1162
07-06-2010, 03:45 AM
We are regular FedEx shippers, using all their services such as the ones you mention. I believe that what they are telling you is true as far as using your account number for a pickup. FedEx Ground will not pickup from anyone who does not have an account number, or allow anyone to schedule a pickup who does not have an account number.

We have this issue with vendors that do not have FedEx accounts. We basically have to e-mail them labels to ship the packages, then schedule the pick-up for them, since they cannot do this themselves. UPS is totally different this way, so if you are familiar with their system, forget everything you know about call tags and freight collect shipments.