PDA

View Full Version : Different Addresses for same major Corp.

ebusinesscables
05-04-2005, 07:25 AM
Using Ship Rush for FedEx. It is set up as an Integrated Application within QB Pro 2003. We are having a problem when any major corporation or company has more than one ship to address. For example, QB has customer contact/detail of Mobil Oil, 1234 Maple St. San Francisco. Months later we get an order from Mobil Oil, 5678 Oak Ave., Newark, NJ. Ship Rush pulls the QB company address from the earlier entry and our shipment for Newark goes to San Francisco instead of the current order address which is now Newark.

Information on the QB Sales Receipt is correct but ShipRush is retreiving an earlier entry and not the information on the Sales Receipt which is up and active as we right click to launch ShipRush.

Our settings are:
Contact Manager QuickBooks
Activity Code SHP / Result Code FDX
Shipment Reference as History Reference,
Keep MRU Shipment Reference for 5 items and Keep MRU for Receipients & 3rd party 5 times are all checked

Settings

Desktop qbXML

Get "Ship To"

Smart QB Adress

Alt 5 and 6 unchecked

Your help is greatly appreciated..

Bill
eBusinessCables, Inc.

SYSOPS
05-04-2005, 07:35 AM
I think you need to update your ShipRush FedEx. I haven't seen Smart QB Address for quite some time.

Please download the current build at:
http://www.zfirm.com/downloads/assets/products/ShipRushv2.exe

Then you will need to set ShipRush to Hybrid Mode. The helpfile shows setting up for Hybrid:
http://www.zfirm.com/Product_Documentation/ShipRush_v2/Prepare_QuickBooks_for_use_with_ShipRush.htm

That is the &3 and &4 notation added to your invoice template.

SYSOPS

ebusinesscables
05-04-2005, 08:29 AM
Thank you for such a quick and helpful reply. So far so good !!

Bill

po3
05-05-2005, 10:09 AM
Ok, got it. Thank you very much. I remember seeing the instructions, but it says it's valid only for the basic versions of QB, so I didn't bother to change the template. We'll test it for a few more days, and then if it has no problems, we'll register for the full version. Thank you again.

ebusinesscables
05-13-2005, 09:36 AM
The problem with the street, city, state addressing is corrected with the instructions provided, however; ShipRush is pulling in the email address from any earlier entry of a company with the same company name. So if Johnsmith@mobiloil.com orders from San Franciscio and later maryjones@mobiloil.com in Newwark orders ..... Mary's package gets addressed and shipped correctly now but John in San Francisco gets the fedEx email notice since that is what ShipRush puts in the email field.

Your help with this please.

eBusinessCables, Inc.

SYSOPS
05-13-2005, 09:51 AM
How is the customer entered into the Customer Job List? Do they have seperate entries?

You could look at putting the email address into the Ship To window itself, and in Hybrid, ShipRush should pull the email address from the Ship To window.

If the Customer Job List entries are the same, ShipRush will not "know" which contact you mean.

SYSOPS