PDA

View Full Version : zen cart status setup

delia
12-10-2010, 08:08 AM
The client has customized his order statuses in zen cart to an extreme degree and I'm really having trouble figuring out what to do. Is he going to have to reset his statuses to make this work? ( he has 7 total)

SYSOPR
12-10-2010, 08:20 AM
The client has customized his order statuses in zen cart to an extreme degree and I'm really having trouble figuring out what to do. Is he going to have to reset his statuses to make this work? ( he has 7 total)

Well, you may want to review the ShipRush php plugin, and adapt it to work with those statuses.

That is our suggestion off the top! It should be a minor tweak.

SYSOPS
12-10-2010, 08:26 AM
You would probably have to modify the PHP files to match those statuses.

Please see a discussion on modifying those files on this forum post:
http://forums.zfirm.com/showthread.php?8988

SYSOPS

delia
12-10-2010, 08:34 AM
You mean putting the shipping setting php files etc on the site? That's exactly what I'm talking about. I can't tell from the instructions in that file what to do about status set up.

delia
12-10-2010, 08:42 AM
well, that's all obvious. But getting the statuses correct and working is a whole different matter when the status numbers don't match what's in the zen cart.

SYSOPS
12-10-2010, 08:43 AM
The ShippingZSettings.php has to be uploaded to your site, regardless of custom statuses.

If you have needs outside the basic php file, you will need to modify the php files to meet your needs. We do not have specific instructions on modifying those files for your specific needs. The forum I directed you to discusses modifying the ShippingZSettings.php and the ShippingZeCommSolutionYouHave php file to match your statuses.

SYSOPS

delia
12-10-2010, 08:51 AM
In other words you really don't know how this works?

SYSOPL
12-10-2010, 09:35 AM
Hello!

First of all - please use common courtesy when responding to threads.

To address the question at hand, we are not able to offer assistance with customizing the plugin kit for non-standard integrations.

Please refer to the FAQ section of the README-PLEASE.txt file in the php kit.

# Q: My cart is heavily customized. Can I use this ShipRush integration?
#
# A: Maybe. If in doubt, have your developer review this plugin.
# Reading data is passive, and should not be able to damage anything.
# You may make changes to this module if necessary to integrate with your system.
#
# Q: I have a completely custom PHP system. Can I use this?
#
# A: You will need to modify the plugin layer to interact with your system.
# Go ahead and do this, but note that there is no support for such a customization.

That being said, the vast majority of the php code in the kit is annotated with enough detail to make modifications fairly straightforward. Be aware this will require someone with experience in PHP as well as a familiarity with Zen Cart.