PDA

View Full Version : shipping history stops after upgrade

hunter
05-24-2005, 06:10 AM
I upgraded to the latest build last Friday and since then any package I create does not show up in the view shipments tab. It does create an airbill that I can track though. I can see my complete shipping history before Friday, but there is nothing from Friday or Monday. :confused:

SYSOPS
05-24-2005, 06:43 AM
Have not seen this reported before. Do you know what build of ShipRush you were running prior to the update?

If you set your date range out past today, do you see your shipments?

Do you have ShipRush installed on more than one PC? If so, can you see the history from another PC?

SYSOPS

hunter
05-24-2005, 07:03 AM
Have not seen this reported before. Do you know what build of ShipRush you were running prior to the update?

If you set your date range out past today, do you see your shipments?

Do you have ShipRush installed on more than one PC? If so, can you see the history from another PC?

SYSOPS
No matter what I do, It will only show the history from last Thursday going backwards. I run shiprush standalone on this PC and have shiprush server on a server in another city. If I am not mistaken, Shiprush stores the history on the pc you use for shipping..right? I can see a full history here, but not on the shiprush server. I made a package this morning, it spit out an airbill and closed the order in Saleslogix, but there was nothing showing up under view shipments. It is as if the program is not writing info back to its internal database.

SYSOPS
05-24-2005, 07:38 AM
I can see a full history here, but not on the shiprush server.

What do you mean by that? Do you see a history on one and not the other? If that is the case, the reason would be due to the fact that you have two seperate installations according to your description. A stand-alone installation will only write to the local PC, not to a shared data location.

If you want the history to be listed on the central database location, then you would need to go into Settings | Shipping Settings | Advanced | Server Connection. Change the connection to the server PC name instead of localhost.

SYSOPS

hunter
05-24-2005, 08:13 AM
It does not matter where the history is kept. I just need the history so that I can keep my UPS billing straight. Where it is kept right now is fine with me. At this point nothing is kept in the package tab, so there is nothing being transmitted to UPS each day and I am not able to see a history of packages I am shipping.
If I am not mistaken, the program does not seem to be keeping the information it created because the airbill info does show up up in my Saleslogix history, but not in Shiprush.

SYSOPS
05-24-2005, 09:58 AM
Both computers are running build 664 of ShipRush (Help | About to verify please)?

Is ShipRush writing to a central database location?
If you use ShipRush without calling it from the custom application, does it write to the history in ShipRush correctly?

SYSOPS

SYSOPR
05-24-2005, 08:00 PM
I can see a full history here, but not on the shiprush server.

It sounds like you may have two ShipRush databases in operation, not just one. If one system can see all the history, they are in the ShipRush system.

You might want to open up a Level II support call to tackle this. Sounds too hairy to handle here on the forums.