PDA

View Full Version : Commisioning Failed

gplumlee
06-19-2004, 07:13 AM
When running the setup wizard for ShipRush Basic for UPS, I come to a screen that says "Commissioning Failed". Below that it says "Connection closed gracefully", or sometimes "Socket Error 10054". Once in a while, it doesn't have an error and it does seem to succeed, but then trying to ship from QuickBooks it fails when clicking the Ship button. So I delete the account and try again. There are no firewalls in place, IE security is set to low, and outbound web traffic on 443 is fine. If I use Task Manager to kill the hung setup process and restart the setup, it goes through. However, then next problem is when trying to ship it says "Account is not activated". So maybe this method doesn't completely work. But there seems to be a bug in the installer.

SYSOPR
06-20-2004, 04:17 PM
The issue is not the installer so much as a failure in the internet connection.

We have only seen two sites with this problem, and have asked the engineers for some pointers. Please give us a day or two to see what the 'prop heads' say.

gplumlee
06-21-2004, 05:32 AM
If I get through the install (by killing the first install process and running it a second time without rebooting) I can bring up the settings and it seems to have the correct information. I try to change the settings, while saving I get "Error: Connection closed gracefully" but the settings actually do save. But now the next problem is when I try to Ship it says "Error: Account is not activated and cannot be used to process shipments."

SYSOPR
06-21-2004, 06:32 AM
Couple of things here:

a) Reboot the PC
b) Do not re-run the installer. Just start ShipRush up (should be in the start menu)
The wizard should start. Can you get through the wizard now?

What kind if internet connection do you have?

gplumlee
06-21-2004, 06:38 AM
Yes, ShipRush starts right up, and from a QuickBooks invoice I can call up the shipping form. However, when I click on the Ship button, I get the message "Error: Account is not activated and cannot be used to process shipments."

SYSOPR
06-21-2004, 07:15 AM
OK, so now go into ShipRush settings and try to add the account. Do you get the same error?

gplumlee
06-21-2004, 07:23 AM
I can see the account already there in the ShipRush settings. Under the checkbox for Demo Mode (which is not checked) it says "Account is ready for Online Transactions: N". I don't see any way to make that a Y.

gplumlee
06-21-2004, 08:55 AM
Talked to Scott with tech support, and he said if "Account is ready for online transactions" is showing up as N, then the commissioning step didn't actually succeed. Development is looking into this issue but he doesn't know when they will respond.

SYSOPR
06-21-2004, 04:25 PM
Can you please zip up the error directory
This dir is here:

"C:\Documents and Settings\<account>\Application Data\z-firm llc\shiprush
v3\errors\"

Replace the <account> part with your windows user name (e.g. Joe)

Please zip up the contents and email to scott at zfirmllc dot com

thank you!