PDA

View Full Version : moving shiprush to a new computer

rainchains
06-17-2005, 09:45 PM
I have installed ShipRush Basic V.3 to a new computer. What file/files need to be copied to the new computer so all the shipping accounts are retained? How about the data for completed shipments? We drop ship for a number of companies and I'd like to avoid re-entering all of their shipping accounts. ;)

SYSOPS
06-20-2005, 05:47 AM
ShipRush Basic keeps all data like that under c:\documents and settings\username\application data\z-firm llc\shiprush v3

You can make a backup of that folder from the old PC and move the new one (make sure to rename the shiprush v3 folder on the new PC in case you need to revert back).

SYSOPS

rainchains
06-20-2005, 04:50 PM
I couldn't find that folder (/application data/) anywhere in My Documents, or by global searches. The only folder named /Shiprush v3 Basic is in Program Files/Z-firm LLC/. I tried copying that over, but still experienced a clean install screen.

SYSOPS
06-21-2005, 05:53 AM
That is not the correct folder. You may need to show Hidden Files and Folders. To do that in Windows Explorer: Tools | Folder Options | View | Shows hidden files and folders.

Now you should be able to locate application data\z-firm llc\shiprush v3

SYSOPS

datadave
06-25-2005, 01:29 PM
For UPS ShipRush Basic can anyone tell me in what format the database is stored? I know it is stored in the MSDE sql format for the Pro Version and I've written applications that accessed those tables successfully, but I'm not able to access the Basic version tables and it is because they are stored in a different format I believe.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Dave :)

SYSOPS
06-27-2005, 06:20 AM
I'll ask development to respond to this thread with more information.

Please stand by,
SYSOPS

SYSOPR
06-27-2005, 04:22 PM
Greetings!

The ShipRush Basic database is held on the C:\ drive under the USERPROFILE directory in Application Data (a hidden directory).

The directory is similar to this:

c:\documents and settings\ < < username > > \application data\z-firm llc\shiprush v3\

Under this dir you will see a database dir.

You could move the database directory from one PC to another. However there is no way to merge the data from two pc's together.

Let us know if we can be of further help!

datadave
06-29-2005, 12:04 AM
Can you tell me what format the database files are stored in for ShipRush V3 Basic Edition, ie. ISAM, FoxPro, Paradox? I'm trying to access these with a ms sql app and not having much luck. Can you tell me what ODBC driver will read the db files correctly? Thank you.

SYSOPR
06-29-2005, 08:10 AM
In ShipRush v3 Basic and v4 for FedEx the data files are proprietary and cannot be read with an ODBC driver.

Using ShipRush v3 Pro for UPS the data is in an MSDE database and can be accessed with ODBC, ADO, etc.

SYSOPR
06-29-2005, 08:11 AM
Actually, an addendum....

Using the report feature in ShipRush (all current versions), you can pull up a list of shipments by date range and export to XLS, MDB (Access), and some other formats.

Does that meet your needs?

If not, can you tell us what you are trying to do?

Thanks!