PDA

View Full Version : Stealth Postge on International with Stamps.Com

NCWood
08-29-2011, 08:14 AM
I just printed my first International label with the Stamps.Com 'upgrade'. According to the Stamps.Com website, postage is automatically hidden.

"If you are shipping internationally, the postage is hidden by default. However, you may see the full cost of postage on certain customs forms. This postage quoted is the full USPS rate and does not take into account any discounts you may have taken advantage of. Please be aware that on the Customs form 2976-A, we are required by USPS regulations to state this amount and it cannot be suppressed."

It shows up on the standard CP72 customs form, how do we hide it?

SYSOPS
08-29-2011, 08:44 AM
You need to enabled Stealth Postage in settings.

Settings | Shipping Settings | Stamps.com account
Hidden Postage - check

HTH,
SYSOPS

NCWood
08-29-2011, 09:29 AM
It is, and was checked prior to printing the label but the postage amount still printed.

SYSOPR
08-29-2011, 09:37 AM
Did it print on the form somewhere, or by the postage mark?

Hidden postage only hides it by the postage mark. Some forms require this amount to be shown.

(investigation in ZF Case 28519)

NCWood
08-29-2011, 10:14 AM
Yes, there is a box on the customs form that it prints in, but when using Endicia it did not print in the box. This would be a non-starter for me. If Endicia can hide it, why can't Stamps?

SYSOPS
08-29-2011, 10:29 AM
If it printed in a box in the Customs form, that is a requirement that Stamps.com is following. To our knowledge it has to print on the Customs forms. That is a USPS rule.

SYSOPS

SYSOPR
08-29-2011, 10:52 AM
Yes, there is a box on the customs form that it prints in, but when using Endicia it did not print in the box. This would be a non-starter for me. If Endicia can hide it, why can't Stamps?

Remember that these forms are governed by the postal service. The postal service carefully reviews and certifies what Endicia and Stamps prints.

There are a few possibilities here:

- The form type, or revision of the form, is different on Stamps.com and Endicia
- Endicia implemented something that Stamps hasn't gotten to yet.
- Endicia is bending the rules
- Endicia is making you bend the rules, by leaving out something that may be required (since you sign the form...)

We are investigating this under ZF Case 28519. Once we get everything documented, we will work to achieve parity in ShipRush for Stamps.com.

Until we achieve such parity, you can continue to use ShipRush for Endicia.

If you are using ShipRush Endicia, and require a feature that is not yet in ShipRush for Stamps, we will extend your ShipRush Endicia serial number until ShipRush for Stamps offers full feature parity with ShipRush Endicia. Just send an email to info@shiprush.com with your company name and details of how you use ShipRush (with what ecommerce or accounting system, what feature you need that is not in ShipRush for Stamps)

We completely appreciate how important these features are. As soon as the Stamps infrastructure adds this functionality we will have this in ShipRush for Stamps.com.

NCWood
08-30-2011, 08:17 AM
I spent considerable time with Stamps.Com customer support this morning. They basically insist that it is ShipRush that is the problem. I have serious doubts, to be honest, if the person that I talked to has a clue what he was talking about. He wasn't even aware of what the various customs forms were. I pointed out to him the section in his help database that says that Stamps.Com always hides the postage on Intl forms, and he was shocked to see that. He had no idea why it said that, but as I said, I think he must have been new to support, or hadn't dealt with Intl shipping to any degree in the past. He did say that it was the ShipRush print engine that controlled what was printed so it had to be your fault.

I'm starting to know what it feels like to be a ping pong ball here.

SYSOPR
08-30-2011, 10:00 AM
I spent considerable time with Stamps.Com customer support this morning. They basically insist that it is ShipRush that is the problem.

Sorry about that!

This issue is a difference in the way Endicia and Stamps generate the forms. The forms are generated by Stamps/Endicia.

We are opening this up with Stamps.com today. We do not know what the turn time will be, but as soon as we have a clue, we will let you know.

For behavior questions like this, we are usually the experts. Please come to us first (we won't kick you to Stamps.com unless it is really needed).

ZF Case 28519

NCWood
09-23-2011, 07:39 AM
BUMP....

Has there been any movement on this issue?

SYSOPS
09-23-2011, 09:06 AM
It is still being worked on with Stamps.

SYSOPS

SYSOPR
10-04-2011, 04:31 PM
This is fixed now.

Nothing for you to do. No update to ShipRush needed. This should "just work" as it should!

ZF Case 28519

NCWood
10-06-2011, 08:45 AM
Thanks for chasing this down. I will let you know tomorrow when we do an Intl label.

NCWood
10-07-2011, 06:09 AM
Sorry to let you know that this is NOT fixed.

SYSOPR
10-07-2011, 08:37 AM
We thought this was fixed, but we were wrong.

It is being actively worked on: ZF Case 28519

Please note: Endicia had this same bug for years. This is not specific to Stamps.com.

Sorry for the hassle!