PDA

View Full Version : Install to different port

cimsupport
06-24-2005, 11:13 AM
I am attempting to assist one of our partners with ShipRush with QuickBooks Enterprize. The server portion was already installed and the client was previously installed on several computers. It works fine on the existing installations. I am trying to install it on a new computer, but am having difficulty.

We were previously helped by your tech support to move it to port 1124 instead of 1123 due to conflicts on the server and I know how to change the port if it is already installed. However, I can not determine how to install it to 1124 on the new install. It gets to the point where you have to tell it the server name, but it will not allow a change to the port and it of course won't connect to the server. I waited twenty minutes while it tried to find the server and it never timed out or errored out. I finally cancelled and uninstalled.

Please help.

Dale

SYSOPS
06-24-2005, 11:18 AM
You would need to get the point where you were at, and the port setting needs to be changed manually. Cancel the installation once it fails to connect and browse out to c:\documents and settings\username\application data\z-firm llc\shiprush v3. Open ShipRushClient.ini and modify the soapport value from 1123 to 1124.

If that file is not created, that makes it a bit more difficult.

SYSOPS

cimsupport
06-24-2005, 11:36 AM
You can not directly cancel the install once you point to the server but rather you have to end the process. The first time I stepped through the sequence, the ini files were not created. This time they were and I was able to finish the set up.
Thanks for your assistance.