PDA

View Full Version : Fedex Server Error

pcform
06-24-2005, 01:43 PM
Hello,
I'm having a little trouble using shiprush. When we try to ship the package and create the shipping label and such, we receive an error from the fedex server. It claims to be an unspecified error (1104). Do you have any idea how we can fix this??

Thanks,
Mark Floryan

Burris Computer Forms
2222 Electric Road
Roanoke, Va 24018
800-982-FORM(3676)
www.pcform.com

SYSOPS
06-24-2005, 02:24 PM
Go into Settings | General
Check to see how long your email address is
Modify the email address and try again (shorter email address)

We have seen this error occur if your email address is greater than 36 characters.

If that is not the issue, please re-try the shipment later as it may be due to a server issue at FedEx.

Thank you,
SYSOPS

pcform
06-27-2005, 06:51 AM
I don't think thats the problem. First of all, I'm using version 4 but i couldn't find a forum for that version. Also, our e-mail address was Burris@pcform.com which is only 17 characters.

Could it possibly be a problem with how I set up the shiprush "server" when I first installed the program?

Thanks,
Mark

Burris Computer Forms
2222 Electric Road
Roanoke, VA 24018
www.pcform.com

SYSOPS
06-27-2005, 07:12 AM
No I doubt it. It is a communication issue between you and the FDX Servers. I would double check your settings as far as company information goes and try to process your ground shipment.

SYSOPS

pcform
06-27-2005, 08:26 AM
Ok thanks,
This problem doesn't happen all the time though. Which seems to be kind of odd to me. I doubt this helps solve the problem but it is a detail that makes the situation a little more confusing.

SYSOPS
06-27-2005, 08:44 AM
It could also be sporatic server issues at FedEx.

I will contact development and see if there are any issues at FedEx.

SYSOPS

pcform
06-27-2005, 01:46 PM
One last little note that might help you out. It seems that often the shipment will seem to process, and we will get a rate, but no label or tracking number. Please let us know as soon as possible if you find anything out from FedEx.

Thanks again,
Mark Floryan

SYSOPS
06-27-2005, 01:59 PM
Is this error seen when shipping Ground or Express shipments?

SYSOPS

pcform
06-28-2005, 06:34 AM
All of this has occurred while working with Ground shipments.

Thanks again,
Mark

pcform
06-28-2005, 09:08 AM
Hey,
I am fairly urgent to get this shiprush problem resolved. I am just checking in to see if you have found anything out about this error. Is it a fedEx problem??

Also, we have discovered an efficient way to print out a packing slip and a shipping label on the same sheet using most accounting software programs and shiprush. The only aspect of this template we need is for shiprush to work. If we can get this to work we would refer shiprush and our template to all of our customers.

Please let me know if there is any progress on getting this issue resolved.

Thanks again,
Mark

Burris Computer Forms
2222 Electric Road
Roanoke, VA 24018
www.pcform.com
(800) 982-FORM (3676)

SYSOPR
06-28-2005, 09:09 AM
Greetings!

We have spent some time on this, but cannot reproduce the problem.

Please post some screenshots so we can see the whole ShipRush screen before you press Ship. Please post before and after shots, etc.

For steps how to post a screen shot, please see the FAQ link on the menu bar above

Thanks!!!

SYSOPR
06-28-2005, 09:24 AM
I am fairly urgent to get this shiprush problem resolved. I am just checking in to see if you have found anything out about this error. Is it a fedEx problem??

We do not know yet where the problem is. We have a lot of ShipRush v4 users, and they are not having this problem. We have tried to reproduce the problem here, but everything works fine here.

Please provide all the information possible so we can try to reproduce the problem (screen shots...).

Also:

a) Do you have the problem on FedEx express, or only ground?

b) Is the problem 100% of the time or only some of the time?
(if only some of the time, can you tell what is the difference between a working shipment and a failed shipment?)

c) Have you tried ShipRush on another PC?
Please do, see if the results are similar.

d) Have you disabled all personal firewall and anti virus?

Also, we have discovered an efficient way to print out a packing slip and a shipping label on the same sheet using most accounting software programs and shiprush. The only aspect of this template we need is for shiprush to work. If we can get this to work we would refer shiprush and our template to all of our customers.

Cool!

We would love to see it.

Please let me know if there is any progress on getting this issue resolved.

At this point we need more info. Please respond to the questions above and send us lots of screen shots.

Thanks!

pcform
06-28-2005, 11:53 AM
Hello,
I performed a reinstall and was able to ship. I'm going to consider the issue temporarily resolved. Thanks for all of your help.

Mark