PDA

View Full Version : upgrade issue with ShipRush 9.5.0.46246 (Endicia)

168and328
09-07-2011, 12:14 PM
We just upgraded to ShipRush Endicia 9.5.0.46246 yesterday and found a big operational problem. Up to version 8, we were able to put the cursor in the search box, type in the ebay sales record number, press return, f10 and f10 again and the shipping label comes out. The cursor then returns to the search box. This all changed in version 9. After the shipping label is printed, the cursor now returns to the box for date range selection, not the search box. This is a very big problem for us. We scan our the sales record number into the search box. We can keep going in version 8 without having to move the cursor. Unfortunately, this is no longer possible in version 9. We have to physically move the cursor after each shipment. This is a total waste of time and adds operational complexity. Can you please either restore the functionality or tell us how we can get around it?

Peter

SYSOPR
09-07-2011, 01:01 PM
We are looking into it, ZF Case 28685

I don't have a workaround... yet.

SYSOPR
09-07-2011, 05:45 PM
ZF Case 28685

This has been fixed, is in testing, and should be available in a day or two.

Sorry for the hassle!

SYSOPR
09-09-2011, 07:36 AM
Should be out next week.

SYSOPR
09-14-2011, 03:08 PM
ZF Case 28685

This is "fixed" in the current release of ShipRush.

However, it was just brought to our attention that it is really half fixed.

The cursor does now return automatically to the Search edit. However the contents of the Search edit are not selected automatically.

We have reopened the case to handle this aspect.

168and328
09-19-2011, 06:29 AM
This fix is important to us. Please keep me posted when a fix is available. We are still using Endicia but will transition to Stamps.com once this problem is fixed. Please advise whether the fix is applicable to stamps.com, endicia or both.

SYSOPR
09-19-2011, 10:05 AM
Up to version 8, we were able to put the cursor in the search box, type in the ebay sales record number, press return, f10 and f10 again and the shipping label comes out. The cursor then returns to the search box. This all changed in version 9. After the shipping label is printed, the cursor now returns to the box for date range selection, not the search box. This is a very big problem for us. We scan our the sales record number into the search box. We can keep going in version 8 without having to move the cursor. Unfortunately, this is no longer possible in version 9. We have to physically move the cursor after each shipment.

Sorry for the hassle here.

The current release has this half fixed: The cursor goes to the correct place. But the text is not all selected.

According to the QA team, this issue is %100 fixed in builes 46633 and up, which are expected on the beta download page in the next 1-2 days.

SYSOPR
09-19-2011, 10:06 AM
This fix is important to us. Please keep me posted when a fix is available. We are still using Endicia but will transition to Stamps.com once this problem is fixed. Please advise whether the fix is applicable to stamps.com, endicia or both.

This is not a Stamps.com issue. This is a ShipRush v9.x behavior, affecting all ShipRush....

168and328
09-19-2011, 10:39 AM
Can you send me a link for the download when the build 46633 is available? I really appreciate it. I will test the software and quickly confirm back to you whether the fix works or not.

SYSOPR
09-19-2011, 10:57 AM
Can you send me a link for the download when the build 46633 is available? I really appreciate it. I will test the software and quickly confirm back to you whether the fix works or not.

We will do our best to notify!

168and328
10-03-2011, 12:50 PM
We downloaded version 9.5.0.46730 yesterday. We have good news and bad news. The good news is that after a transaction, the cursor goes back to the search box. This fixed the problem we reported. Here is the bad news. We used to press f10 after we scan the ebay sales record number in the search box, the f10 would have taken us to the order record. Unfortunately, this 46730 release took us to some seemingly random order record. If we click on SHIP NOW instead of function f10, we get the right order record.

Two questions:

1. This has been very disruptive to our operations. Please fix this latest bug so we can use the latest version of ShipRush.
2. Failing a speedy resolution to (1), can you please advise how I can restore back to and download version 9.0.0.42272. This was the last known version to which we have had no problems.

SYSOPR
10-03-2011, 03:40 PM
First off, we apologize for this whole issue. The Order Manager had a big redesign in v9.0. While we got most of this right, there are some specific workflows that users discovered, but we did not know!

I believe this issue is solved in the current beta build, which is available here: http://www.zfirm.com/downloads/product_betas.shtml

However, we suggest that you be confident the issue is truly fixed before updating.

We will ask our QA team to double check (ZF Case 29117). If you have a "scratch" PC or a virtual machine where you can try it out, that would be best (prior to updating your production environment).

(There is no straightforward way to go to 9.0, sorry!)

168and328
10-04-2011, 03:49 AM
We don't have a scratch computer to do your product verification. Please let me know when this release is no longer beta and becomes official. This release 9 has been very disappointing from our perspectives. We found several bugs with direct impact to our daily operations. We only upgraded to release 9 because it was suggested to us that this is a stepping stone towards switching to stamps.com. At this rate, we are very hesitant for any further upgrades until we see the existing features are working and stable.

SYSOPR
10-04-2011, 10:23 AM
Sorry for the hassle here!

A couple of items:

- This thread has become a bit messy. If possible, please open fresh threads, with a single topic in a thread.

- We think we have this issue resolved. We have looked at it closely. However you have a specific keystroke flow you are looking for. The only real judge of this (sorry to say) may be you.

- If this issue is important, we suggest that you install the current beta build. That is the only way for us to know if we are getting it right.

We will do everything we can to help.