PDA

View Full Version : Refund Denied by USPS for deleted labels

BigR1696
09-15-2011, 04:56 AM
I have received an email today from Stamps stating the my refund request has been denied because the USPS states that the label has been scanned.

This label was not scanned and it was destroyed when we deleted the label.

The only conclusion that I can come up with is that when we ran the scan form and had the USPS scan the scan form, the deleted label was still included in the scan form data transmitted.

Do we have answers for this as I cannot afford to delete labels and not get a refund..
------------------------------------------------------------------
The following e/Refund request was denied:

Print Date Mail Date Sent To Amount
---------- ---------- ------- --------------
08-30-2011 08-30-2011 00730 $5.19
----------
Total $5.19

e/Refund requests are usually denied because the USPS detected
that the mailpiece in question had been scanned by their
systems.

Please navigate to: http://www.stamps.com/support/general/account/refunds/postage-refunds/
for more information on refund policies.

For support please visit our website at http://www.stamps.com/support/postage/
If you require contact information log in to your Stamps.com account
and select the Support tab.

Thank you!

Stamps.com Account Support Team

For more information about Stamps.com(R), visit us at
www.stamps.com

SYSOPS
09-15-2011, 01:33 PM
The label would have to have an eRefund request processed before the SCAN form is processed.

SYSOPS

shane8
09-18-2011, 08:19 AM
I am having the same issue. I have been poped 3 times now. We also use scan forms. All 3 labels were voided within 5 minutes of being generated and destroyed. The void happened BEFORE we took them to the post office and had them scan the scan form. We actually used stamps.com before we went to you guys, moved over set up Endicia then moved back to stamps :P But something i noticed was when i voided a label with stamps i got the email that said it was voided much faster then with yours. I am not getting the "label voided" email until the next day from stamps when i do it threw shiprush. So i guess for now i can void it threw you then log into stamps and do it then as well. Maybe that will work. USPS is high enough i hate giving them money for no service :(

SYSOPP
09-18-2011, 12:32 PM
Yes, you can void in ShipRush and in the Stamps.com web site.

It is important to void prior to doing the SCAN form. Once the SCAN form is done, it is not possible to void the shipment.

shane8
09-18-2011, 12:37 PM
Yes, you can void in ShipRush and in the Stamps.com web site.

It is important to void prior to doing the SCAN form. Once the SCAN form is done, it is not possible to void the shipment.

Yes i did that every single time. As soon as we mess up a label that second we void it, we do not wait. Then the scan form is ran at end of day. All 3 were voided BEFORE the scan form was generated.

BigR1696
09-19-2011, 04:56 AM
I have received a second denial of refund for a voided label.
Our procedures are sound and we always void a label before we run a scan form.
This is a bug in ShipRush and or Stamps.
The 2 denial of refund are from with the first release of ShipRush for Stamps..
I hope this does not continue for very long..???

09-02-2011 09-02-2011 00799 $5.34
----------
Total $5.34

systems.

Please navigate to: http://www.stamps.com/support/general/account/refunds/postage-refunds/

Thank you!

www.stamps.com

SYSOPS
09-19-2011, 06:11 AM
We are investigating this with Stamps. Case 28696

Thank you,
SYSOPS

BigR1696
09-22-2011, 04:20 AM
Howdy Everyone,

Just letting you know I got another refund denial today.....

Dear Russell,

09-06-2011 09-06-2011 00920 $3.11
----------
Total $3.11

systems.

Thank you!

www.stamps.com

Thanks
Russell

rj356
09-22-2011, 08:01 AM
Russell,

We're going threw the same thing on a much higher scale. Our denied e/refund requests since the migration to the Stamps.com version of ShipRush are in excess of $750. To make matters worse, we spoke with Stamps.com today and it's questionable that we will get reimbursed and we have a couple thousand dollars that I expect will be denied as well. We're being told that to get refunded could take up to 3 months, if it happens at all.

SYSOPS,
It appears that the SCAN form is including the cancelled/voided shipments. We need some direction here...this has us very concerned.

Ryan

SYSOPS
09-22-2011, 08:18 AM
It's open with development, Case 28696.

SYSOPS

BigR1696
09-22-2011, 08:31 AM
The folks here at Z-firm have been very good in the past and I an sure that they will solve the problem very soon..
In the meantime, Since the first denial of refund, I instructed (begged) my people not to make a mistake on shipping labels..

SYSOPR
09-22-2011, 09:11 PM
We are chasing this... ZF Case 28696

Sorry for the hassle. It is a problem in the Stamps plumbing. We are working with them on it.

NCWood
09-26-2011, 07:43 AM
BUMP

Anything new with this? I now have the same problem.

SYSOPS
09-26-2011, 08:25 AM
Stamps is actively working on this issue. You can contact Stamps.com directly and they will assist with this issue for getting those shipments refunded for you.

SYSOPS

NCWood
09-26-2011, 10:58 AM
Thank You. They did give me the refund after a bit of arguing and transfers to various other "supervisors".

She tried to explain that if I wanted to get the refunds that I would have to take the cancelled shipment off the scan form before I printed it. I asked her how to do that via ShipRush. After much consultation, she said she didn't know and said I would have to call ShipRush to figure that out. :-)

SYSOPP
09-26-2011, 07:35 PM
This refund problem is on the Stamps end. We expect it to be resolved in the next few days. The workaround is to do the SCAN form at the stamps.com web site. There you can select shipments to include/exclude from SCAN form.

You can ask us for status using this reference: ZF Case 28696

surferBoy
09-27-2011, 10:05 AM
Is there an update to this issue? I'm running into the same problem as well!

SYSOPR
09-27-2011, 03:36 PM
ZF Case 28696

We have been told that this will be resolved sometime this week.

The workaround is to do SCAN forms at the stamps.com web site, and exclude shipments that have refund requests.

Once the issue is fixed server side, you will be able to do the SCAN form in ShipRush and not use the stamps.com web site.

If you have a problem shipment/refund (e.g. a refund request that is not getting refunded because of this issue), please contact Stamps.com customer service. It may take some pushing, but users have reported success in getting refunds.

We will help in any way we can.

SYSOPR
10-04-2011, 10:09 AM
Please see this for an update:

http://forums.zfirm.com/entry.php?97-Important-Fixes-and-Enhancements-in-ShipRush-for-Stamps.com-(part-1)