PDA

View Full Version : v4 open from Goldmine

voncorp
06-29-2005, 12:23 PM
Trying out the new v4 product. I have set a couple of our computers up. One annoyance I have noticed is the following:
We use Goldmine, and are used to going to the Contact pull down menu and selecting the Shiprush item that you can add through the .ini. With v2 you select that and it opens up a new shipment everytime. (same with v3 UPS Basic).

However, with v4, if you have not shipped anything previously in the day (i.e. the icon is not in the taskbar yet), Shiprush will load and place the icon in the task bar, but will not open up a new shipment. If you then select the pull down again after waiting a few seconds, it will open up a new shipment.

This is not related to whether the "server" is on the local computer or not. It happened on a unit I had set up to communicate with the "server", and the server had the taskbar icon running.

This is going to be fairly annoying. Is this a bug or is there something wrong in the .ini settings?

opt6=ShipRush v4 Fedex,"C:\Program Files\Z-Firm LLC\ShipRush v4\ShipRush4.exe" /popup,,5

dlnvcr
06-29-2005, 07:04 PM
I noticed when we pull the contact menu it uses the old V2.
Do we need to uninstall V2 to remove this from our menu?

voncorp
06-30-2005, 04:07 AM
When you have it install the link, it doesn't remove the v2 links from the .ini, but adds a new one for "Shiprush v4." That is probably a good thing if you want to run both side by side. I changed it to read Shiprush v4 Fedex so people would know which service it was for. When you are ready to remove the v2 links, open up the username.ini file, search for "ship" which will drop you down to the correct line, and delete or comment out the line that opens v2.

SYSOPS
06-30-2005, 05:58 AM
I'll report that to development. Appears that the /popup switch is not forcing an airbill to open.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

SYSOPS

voncorp
08-01-2005, 10:57 AM
FYI: with 919 the /popup is now even more broken. Running the command will load shiprush, but even a second try will not make it popup the window. It forces you to right click the shiprush icon in the toolbar. Please fix this!