Untitled Document
View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Passwords are bad. What to call a bad password?

by , 03-13-2012 at 10:31 AM (ShipRush Ecommerce and Feature Discussion)
    Bill Gates said that passwords were going to go away. But it seems they are still here.

And some web sites, even a big one like Adobe, require you to have a bad password.

Name:  adobe-forum-password.png
Views: 409
Size:  42.4 KB

Seems bad to me.
  2. Add Soup to Your Laptop: Making the Sony Vaio VGN-SZ545P fly with Windows 7

by , 01-23-2012 at 03:55 PM (ShipRush Ecommerce and Feature Discussion)
    Name:  windows-7.jpg
Views: 932
Size:  6.9 KB

We don't usually write about simple stuff like PCs, but we thought this might be useful to somebody. It can be hard to put Windows 7 on a laptop that was manufactured with XP or Vista. However, often Windows 7 can be installed, and it can be a very nice result. In this case, it was a little hard to make everything work, but the final result was really good.

So you have a good laptop, 3 or 4 years old. Buy a new one? We found a nice way ...
  3. SQL Server 2005, 2008 and 2010: How to find the ERRORLOG ?

by , 12-22-2011 at 02:07 PM (ShipRush Ecommerce and Feature Discussion)
    Name:  sql-server-logo.png
Views: 362
Size:  6.0 KB

I had to do this recently, so it must be that others need to sometimes also.

The ERRORLOG is a very useful tool on SQL Server. For example, this is a good way to find out what port SQL is listening on, and other important parameters of SQL Server. But, especially if you have multiple instances of SQL Server, sometimes it is not in the usual place under "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\"

Here is how to find where a given instance ...
  4. What I Learned From A User: Fonts!

A great thing about working with shippers is that the teach me things. And sometimes small things... aren't really so small.

Like font size.

In ShipRush v9, we rolled out an all new Order Manager GUI. We think it is pretty great.

At least our designer thought so.

Actually, I also thought so.

I still think so, even when a user said to me, "You changed the font and it's hard to read."

Point to the user. Point ...
  5. Powershell: Profiles, x86, Plugins, and x64

by , 05-05-2011 at 04:30 PM (ShipRush Ecommerce and Feature Discussion)
    Name:  powershell-logo-image-thumb44.png
Views: 737
Size:  8.0 KB

I spent some time on this, and now I will share! There can be some frustrating parts of Powershell.

Let's say you are on a web server, and it is x64. You have a powershell script, and a custom powershell addin from your developer.

You notice odd behavior, that the addin does not load consistently. In my situation, I found that my scheduled task did not work properly. On one system, the script worked correctly from a command line, ...

Updated 05-05-2011 at 05:35 PM by Vladislaw Poniedelnik

Tags: addin, powershell, x86 Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Software Development & Technology
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast