Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ....\includes\class_bbcode.php on line 2958
What I Learned From A User: Fonts! - Blogs - ShipRush Support Forums
Untitled Document
View RSS Feed

The ShipRush Product Management Blog

What I Learned From A User: Fonts!

Rate this Entry
A great thing about working with shippers is that the teach me things. And sometimes small things... aren't really so small.

Like font size.

In ShipRush v9, we rolled out an all new Order Manager GUI. We think it is pretty great.

At least our designer thought so.

Actually, I also thought so.

I still think so, even when a user said to me, "You changed the font and it's hard to read."

Point to the user. Point from me (well, from the ShipRush designer, but I'll take the hit for him... this time!).

I turned to the team and asked, "Can we give the user control over the font?"

Here is their answer, available now in ShipRush 9.5.0.46323. http://shiprush.com/download

Name:  font-1.png
Views: 191
Size:  40.7 KB

Name:  font-2.png
Views: 187
Size:  13.5 KB

Name:  font-3.png
Views: 176
Size:  50.7 KB

Comments

If you are interested, the "scale" button on the shipment window should be larger, or the system needs to try harder to read the scale.

We use touch screen monitors on our shipping stations. The workers often have to "refresh" the weight before touching the ship button. It's only one more interaction, but a couple hundred interactions a day, multiplied out over the year, it turns into real money.