Untitled Document
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: International Shipping Woes

So, I'm still having three fairly significant (if not irritating) issues regarding International shipping. Shipping domestic parcels via USPS First Class, Priority, and Express has never been easier, but the issues with International Parcels are particularly bothersome, as a large amount of our Ebay store's business is through international buyers. Here are the issues, and I was wondering if there was any way of these being corrected any time soon.

1. I reported this earlier, but USPS Express Mail International orders are downloading to Stamps as "USPS Express", however, when I reach the shipping screen, they default to "USPS International First Class", requiring me to be extra careful and ensure the correct service is selected. I found a workaround, by editing the Shipping Service Requested field under Other upon opening the order from the queue. Any solution upcoming for this?

Attached is a screen-shot of my Ship Methods Settings Screen, to verify my Filters.

2. Just wanted to report that attempting to ship to Ireland or other countries with small postal codes results in an error message about the string value being too small, forcing me to add additional characters to the zip code in order to complete the shipment. Is there a possibility of fixing this?

3. Also, I reported earlier that Serbia is not a supported country, and as far as I know, that error is still not resolved as of the newest beta. (I'm forced to ship items for Serbia buyers by hand through the Stamps.com software.)

Thank you for your help!

Blog Entries
    Thank you for the detailed write up. Your detail and the screen shot are all very helpful (e.g. it really helps us help you.

Please see below for more detail.

Quote Originally Posted by MDowdal View Post
    1. I reported this earlier, but USPS Express Mail International orders are downloading to Stamps as "USPS Express", however, when I reach the shipping screen, they default to "USPS International First Class", requiring me to be extra careful and ensure the correct service is selected. I found a workaround, by editing the Shipping Service Requested field under Other upon opening the order from the queue. Any solution upcoming for this?

Attached is a screen-shot of my Ship Methods Settings Screen, to verify my Filters.
    My guess is that the issue here may be the way you have the Ship Methods set up. When I look at your screen shot, it is basically the same values on each side. Normally, the value that comes from the ecomm system (ebay in this case) is different. E.g. eBay gives you "Express Mail" or "US Postal Service Express Mail" and then you map this to USPS Express in ShipRush.

Side questions:
    - Since this was reported earlier, do you know if we responded with case # ?

- (I just opened ZF Case 29890 on this, but if it is a duplicate it will slow down resolution.)

2. Just wanted to report that attempting to ship to Ireland or other countries with small postal codes results in an error message about the string value being too small, forcing me to add additional characters to the zip code in order to complete the shipment. Is there a possibility of fixing this?
    If you could please provide one or two example problem addresses, we can open a case and dig right in. (If you do not want to post them here, please submit this issue, with detail above and sample addresses to support at shiprush.com)

3. Also, I reported earlier that Serbia is not a supported country, and as far as I know, that error is still not resolved as of the newest beta. (I'm forced to ship items for Serbia buyers by hand through the Stamps.com software.)
    The Serbia issue is open under ZF Case 29264, it did not make the current beta. We will try to get this covered in the next few days.
    -----------------------------------
    The Blog: http://forums.zfirm.com/blog.php

YouTube channel: http://youtube.com/shiprush

Thank you for using ShipRush!

This was opened under ZF Case 29212. I copy/pasted USPS Express Mail International from Ebay, as it was the name of the service in our webstore.

Most problem addresses result from Ireland or from South American countries, when I run into another error I'll take a screenshot and submit it to that email.

Thank you for your quick response and for addressing these issues!

A quick fourth question regarding International shipping: Is the phone number required for International Shipments by USPS regulations or just by Shiprush?

Blog Entries
    A quick fourth question regarding International shipping: Is the phone number required for International Shipments by USPS regulations or just by Shiprush?
    For Express Mail it is USPS.

Quote Originally Posted by SYSOPR View Post
    For Express Mail it is USPS.
    In that case, would it be possible to remove the restriction for International First Class or International Priority? Most of my customers don't provide phone numbers and I'm forced to place some sort of filler in that field in order for the shipment to be processed.

Blog Entries
    In that case, would it be possible to remove the restriction for International First Class or International Priority? Most of my customers don't provide phone numbers and I'm forced to place some sort of filler in that field in order for the shipment to be processed.
    Just set a Default phone in SR Settings, so it uses your own phone. This does not print on the label.

Blog Entries
    The above is a bug in ShipRush, it should work without setting up the mapping. It is resolved in builds 47967 and up, ZF Case 29897

Quote Originally Posted by SYSOPR View Post
    The above is a bug in ShipRush, it should work without setting up the mapping. It is resolved in builds 47967 and up, ZF Case 29897
    I will attempt both of your suggestions and report how they worked out. Thanks!

I just ran into the postal code error, so I'll attach a screen of that to this post. (I'll just obscure the name and phone number of the customer.)
    Last edited by MDowdal; 11-30-2011 at 11:13 AM.