Untitled Document

Thread: Server data files everywhere

Hello,

We are running Shiprush UPS Pro Server. When I installed it last year, I selected the option to install the data files in a different directory (D:\Shiprush). There are data files there. But there are still data files in C:\Users\Public\Public Documents and they are being updated daily. Also there are files in C:\Program Files (x86)\ZFirm LLC\Shiprush V8\ that are being updated daily.

Is there anyway to make sure Shiprush is ONLY using the directory I specified? I am not backing up these other locations. Also I don't want data on my C: drive as it is only a small partition size.

Thanks,
    Daniel

The actual database is on your D drive. ShipRush keeps the configuration files under the public\public documents area. Also, ShipRush writes the PLD files for the EOD to program files.

There isn't a way to have all of these in the d drive location (easily).

SYSOPS
    Have Questions? Ask the ShipRush Knowledge Base: https://shiprush.com/kbase

Hello,

Ok, one other question. I just started up ShipRushdbmanager, and it pops up an error message about the client and server pointing to two different directories.

Under the System Info Tab it displays:

Client
    Connection=DBISAM
    DB Path=D:\ShipRush

Server
    Connection=DBISAM
    DB Path=c:\users\public\documents\Z-Firm LLC\ShipRush\Database\

What is the safe way to have them both point to D:\Shiprush?

Thanks,
    Daniel

You can:
    Stop the Z-Firm Shipping Service in Windows
    Go out to program files\z-firm llc\shiprush v8 and edit the shiprushserver.ini file
    Edit the value for <DBISAMPath></DBISAMPath>
    Save the changes and restart the service

Question for you though, do you process End of Day? If so, it would sound like the environment has been using the database at c:\users\public\documents\Z-Firm LLC\ShipRush\Database\ rather than d:\shiprush.

SYSOPS

Hi,

Thank you for the info. To answer your question, yes we run end of day every day.

Does this effect your instructions?

Thanks

Certainly does.

New steps to try:
    Stop the Service and make sure all SR instances are closed
    Rename the folder at d:\shiprush to oldshiprush (just in case we need it)
    Copy the database from c:\users\public\documents\Z-Firm LLC\ShipRush\Database to the d drive
    Rename the folder called Database to ShipRush (to match the previous structure you had before). Now you should have d:\ShipRush with the actual database being used

Go out to program files\z-firm llc\shiprush v8 and edit the shiprushserver.ini file
    Edit the value for <DBISAMPath></DBISAMPath> and set to d:\ShipRush
    Save the changes and restart the service

Start ShipRush on a workstation, still see your shipping history? If all looks good, you can look at deleting the folder called database back on the c drive to clear up some space, and get rid of the oldshiprush folder that you renamed on the d drive.

HTH,
    SYSOPS

ok, Great thank you for clearing that up!