Untitled Document
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Error Today out of the Blue.. "Access to this software is restricted" HELP PLS

"Stamps.com returned an error: Access to this software is restricted for users on your plan. To access this software please upgrade your plan by calling Stamps.com Customer Support. Learn more at www.stamps.com/support"

Whats going on today with Ship rush..

We are receiving this error above when attempting to create our labels today..

We are running SR V 9.5.0.46323 FOR Quick Books USPS for Stamps.com

HELP ASAP.!

Blog Entries
    It seems Stamps.com made a change to accounts without emailing you first.

Here is what to do:

1) Go into ShipRush settings
    2) Press Add Account
    3) Go through the wizard to create a brand new Stamps.com account
    4) When this is done, call Stamps.com customer service:
    -- Ask to increase your postage limit
    -- If you use ACH/direct debit or wire transfer to fund your account, ask that this be set up on the new account to mirror the old account
    -- Ask to close the old account -- Note, your unused postage and pending refunds will be sent to you via check in a week or two
    5) In ShipRush, set the new account as the default account

We apologize for this hassle!
    Last edited by SYSOPR; 01-23-2012 at 05:48 PM.
    -----------------------------------
    The Blog: http://forums.zfirm.com/blog.php

YouTube channel: http://youtube.com/shiprush

Thank you for using ShipRush!

Have the same problem today, called Stamps.com and waited 40mins to finally talked customer support.

Quote Originally Posted by jimwangus View Post
    Have the same problem today, called Stamps.com and waited 40mins to finally talked customer support.

But did they fix the issue.. I am not very comfortable starting another account.. This exact thing happened with us and Endica.. And we found out years later they had been billing us for that old account!..

So How did Stamps fix it?
    if they did...

Not only was I waiting close to 30 minutes, my call was dropped while "transferring to the 'high volume accounts team'"

I had the same issue ... 24 minutes to access a live body, and then another 19 to solve the problems. It was this type of poor service that led to our leaving Stamps years ago and finding Endicia, and here we are again. Interestingly, the new plan that allows usage of ShipRush's "free" software is $5.00 per month more than the orginal plan that was working just fine this morning.

Further, Stamps does NOT transfer the postage balance from your old account to the new, nor do they even credit it back to the credit card used to purchase in the first place - they mail you a check. BUT - if you are awaiting refund of any postage errors, you need to wait until those are refunded before you close the account and wait for your check ... otherwise you lose those too.

Waiting for the day Peachtree integrates directly with USPS .....

You will have to set up a brand new account. To avoid dupe billing, just make sure the existing account is cancelled, but BEWARE .... if you are waiting for any refunds due to printing errors, you need to wait until those come through or you lose them.

Same error. Called stamps heres what went down. On hold get disconnected after 30 min. i am on a landline :/ call back rep says all i can do is cancel the account and start a new one and says i need to request a refund. They CANNOT transfer funds from the old one to the new one.

Got off the phone went in and created the new acount threw shiprush software. All goes threw and now it will not take my creditcard. You guessed it, back on the phone! 25 minutes to first rep. Its a new account so the account is on hold. Lovely. So he has to transfer me to the next one up. Get him, hes a super nice guy, i feel for them. He was like we are getting flooded from the update. Said they were thinking of trying to reverese what happened. Talked a bit more and he transfered me one more time. Rep #3 got my account off hold and i got postage and back in business. Total time, almost 2 hours.

But note that you CANNOT get your money pushed from one account to the other. They said that USPS has the money not them. Good times..

Quote Originally Posted by thew View Post
    But did they fix the issue.. I am not very comfortable starting another account.. This exact thing happened with us and Endica.. And we found out years later they had been billing us for that old account!..

So How did Stamps fix it?
    if they did...
    I have to setup a new account. Hopefully they will fix this problem in few days and I can cancel one of the accounts.

Blog Entries
    I have to setup a new account. Hopefully they will fix this problem in few days and I can cancel one of the accounts.
    It is fixed. Create the new account, and have the old account closed.

Apologies for the hassle!
    -----------------------------------
    The Blog: http://forums.zfirm.com/blog.php

YouTube channel: http://youtube.com/shiprush

Thank you for using ShipRush!