Untitled Document

Thread: USPS First Class Letter Post Prints Blank Labels

Earlier, couldn't print first class letter post labels w/ an older version of Shiprush. Updated software to the newest version and that allowed to print labels.

Was annoyed with the new look/layout of the new updated software for first class letter post labels as it didn't transition cleanly from the old settings to the new software because an extra blank label was printed.

We use the labels w/ 1/2" doc tabs. Couldn't stop it from printing an extra label. Tried to print in reverse and that stopped the extra label, but now the reference information wasn't printing onto the doc tab. Needed to get labels printed for orders, so defaulted to a simple label and just printed without the doc tab reference information.

After completing the orders, spent a while trying to reformat to get the label to print onto one label. Printed quite a few test labels then on the most recent tests, blank labels printed with only the black vertical strip with test label through printed.

We've tried to restart the computer, restart the software, repair the software, restarted the thermal printer, and cleared the thermal printer in/out of dump mode. Tested other shipping methods and they all print fine, just the first class letter post prints blank labels.

Any help or suggestions?

Thanks!

I deleted and installed the printer and that fixed the blank label issue. Now it's just printing the extra label again...

I deleted and installed the printer and that fixed the blank label issue.
    Good to hear that you're printing labels after reinstalling the printer

Now it's just printing the extra label again...
    Have you tried adjusting the Vertical Offset in the printer settings of ShipRush? Set to 0 to try and remove any space at the top of the label

SYSOPS
    Have Questions? Ask the ShipRush Knowledge Base: https://shiprush.com/kbase

Quote Originally Posted by SYSOPS View Post
    Good to hear that you're printing labels after reinstalling the printer
    The same issue started again. All other methods work, but the first class letter post doesn't print. Deleting and reinstalling would bring it back, but after a few prints, it would be blank again.

Quote Originally Posted by SYSOPS View Post
    Have you tried adjusting the Vertical Offset in the printer settings of ShipRush? Set to 0 to try and remove any space at the top of the label
    The Vertical Offset is set to 0, but still feeds an extra label after printing. It is only for the first class letter post. All other shipping methods work just fine.

If reinstalling the printer fixes, makes us think it's hardware related.

Things to try:
    Switch to a different USB port
    Switch out the USB cable

What print driver are you using? One thing to try is use a generic driver, as discussed on this helpfile page:
    http://www.zfirm.com/Product_Documen...stallation.htm

SYSOPS
    Have Questions? Ask the ShipRush Knowledge Base: https://shiprush.com/kbase

It's an older thermal printer that only has a LPT1 or serial port.

I can get it to print but it always feeds an extra sheet. Odd thing it only does it for First Class Letter Post shipments. I tried to set the Vertical Offset to a negative number but it seems like it just dropped the negative sign and took it as a positive number.

I tried the generic printer/driver route but I get the same non-printing issue.

At the end of the label, it prints this random horizontal bar w/ vertical bars through that is about 1/4" thick on the end of the label and continues to next label with another 1/4" thick. I think it might be the ShipRush logo. Since that's the only thing that appears to be missing from an older label from a previous version.

Any thoughts?

Blog Entries
    Such an old thermal printer.... We would suggest a ZP450/500 or such.

(You will be much happier)
    -----------------------------------
    The Blog: http://forums.zfirm.com/blog.php

YouTube channel: http://youtube.com/shiprush

Thank you for using ShipRush!

The older version was working fine until a random C++ error for invalid argument started. Which then lead to upgrading to a newer version software, that works fine with everything except the one method we use primarily. Now the suggestion is to purchase a newer printer. $200+ that we didn't have to spend because of an unknown error. Going to try to move back to the previous version...