Untitled Document
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need Help: Using Quickbooks Enterprise & Fedex ShipRush over Terminal

Hello Everyone,

We recently migrated our QuickBooks Enterprise Server to an offsite datacenter (Windows 2012 R2 with Terminal Service). We do have (1) Windows 7 Pro Workstation at our local office connected with a USB Metler PS60 Scale and Zebra 505 Label printer.

We first configured the Fedex machine with local Fedex Ship Manager & local Quickbooks (with fetching data from datacenter). I know this is not the best practice but the scale/printer was not network compatible so we tried this way. Although it worked, loading information from QB Server was very slow, resulting in 2 minutes boot time for QB and 15 second delay for Opening up each Invoice # through Fedex. The lag was too much that we had to look for different solution (Local office has 50/10Mbps Cable , Datacenter has 100Mbps Symetrical Fiber). We talked with Fedex and tried many steps which are the following:

1. Install Fedex Ship Manager on Terminal Server and connect Label Printer/Scale using USB to TCP/IP Software (Eltima USB over Ethernet). Both Printer and Scale worked perfectly, however, the Fedex integration did not work out for unknown reason. We talked with 3 separate Fedex Tier 2 Tech Support and they told me that they don't know why it's not working and it maybe due to the fact that QB Enterprise 14.0 and Windows 2012 R2 is not fully tested?

2. Install ShipRush E-Commerce as advised by Fedex Tech Support. This is our first time installing this software and we followed each step as shown on instruction. Scale and Label Printer worked out perfectly fine but again integration was a trouble. We were unable to receive any information from QB through the ShipRush Order manager. We downloaded QB Integration tool and used the ShipRush password as supplied. All those were "Successful" but we cannot receive any orders.

3. Install ShipRush for Fedex (14 Day Demo, non-ecommerce). Decided to give it a try as we thought the step (2) failed because it was maybe intended for e-commerce only? However, we were unable to install it successfully on the same workstation as for some reason, it keeps installing it as the same Shiprush E-Commerce. We uninstalled Shiprush and tried to clean any left over files but the installation keep ending up as "same e-commerce" version. It doesn't even ask for installation configuration, just goes straight to end and shows us the GUI.

I've already spent well over 2 full days trying to troubleshoot this.... All we want is a clean, fast way to deploy Fedex Shipping connected with QB database. I definitely don't mind paying for full fledge ShipRush as long as it does work.

Any Input will be very helpful...

Thank you

2. Install ShipRush E-Commerce as advised by Fedex Tech Support. This is our first time installing this software and we followed each step as shown on instruction. Scale and Label Printer worked out perfectly fine but again integration was a trouble. We were unable to receive any information from QB through the ShipRush Order manager. We downloaded QB Integration tool and used the ShipRush password as supplied. All those were "Successful" but we cannot receive any orders.

3. Install ShipRush for Fedex (14 Day Demo, non-ecommerce). Decided to give it a try as we thought the step (2) failed because it was maybe intended for e-commerce only? However, we were unable to install it successfully on the same workstation as for some reason, it keeps installing it as the same Shiprush E-Commerce. We uninstalled Shiprush and tried to clean any left over files but the installation keep ending up as "same e-commerce" version. It doesn't even ask for installation configuration, just goes straight to end and shows us the GUI.
    Were both of the above attempts done on the Terminal Server itself?

ShipRush Order Manager requires you to run the QB Web Connector to pass data between QB and ShipRush via My.ShipRush.com (out in the cloud).

If you are trying to do this on the Terminal server itself, you'll need a demo license to run ShipRush directly with QuickBooks. You cannot install the eComm solution and then change to the demo version. The eComm solution has the license built in. To resolve, we will send you a demo license to install with ShipRush. No uninstall required (steps to apply license will be in the email). Then you can run ShipRush as a demo for further testing.

HTH,
    SYSOPS
    Have Questions? Ask the ShipRush Knowledge Base: https://shiprush.com/kbase

Hello,

Thank you for the information!

We tried both steps on local and Terminal Server. The QB Web Connector was installed but it still did not work.

We also tried the the one with the demo-code you gave us but it shows an error below:
    Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 581
Size:  16.5 KB

We have QuickBooks opened with Single user admin mode but it does not give us any prompt message or pop up and just the error message. Any help will be great...

Let's focus on using ShipRush with QB directly (the demo license that was sent to you).

ShipRush has to run where QuickBooks is running, so up on the terminal server
    Run Stand alone to do the setup of ShipRush first, and after it's running and in the tray, exit ShipRush and QB
    Restart QB. Make sure QB starts normally, it cannot be running in the elevated Admin level (if it prompts you to run it, it's elevated)
    Start ShipRush

Any errors?

SYSOPS

Hello,

Thank you so much for your support! I was able to install the ShipRush inside the Terminal Server directly by simply rebooting both programs as suggested. The default label type was wrong so I was able to fix that one by selecting 6x4 parcel.

The one issue I see as of now is that the invoice # is not being generated from the QuickBooks. We would like the invoice # to be generated automatically as we need them to be on the label itself. Could you help us out finding the solution? If this one works, we would like to go ahead and purchase the real license code.

Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 391
Size:  47.2 KB

Best Regards,

Refer to this page in the helpfile:

http://www.zfirm.com/Product_Documen...onal_Setup.htm

Adding QuickBooks Order Number to Shipment

It can be added to the Reference field, not the invoice field (sorry). But it will print on the label.

HTH,
    SYSOPS

Hello SYSOPS,

Again thank you so much for the information! I was able to attach the INV # through ref# by adding &5 as instructed. I've tried printing the label and it came out quite different compared to the "test print" through shiprush.
    This time, we are missing the TRK#... and also the function to automatically copy the tracking # to QuickBooks Invoice automatically

I've tried enabling "Copy Tracking # to the clipboard" via ShipRush Settings > Custom and also Systems Settings > CM Settings > "enable" Use hotkey field ALT + 5 for tracking number

Name:  DSC_0282.jpg
Views: 601
Size:  101.4 KB

I'm sorry for repetitive questions...
    Last edited by shipship; 10-01-2014 at 12:02 PM.

I'm not following the issue. The test label is just a test. It shows Express, but you printed a real shipment via Ground. Your label itself is fine.

For post back, you cannot use the same hotkey that is pulling the reference. You would want to add &7 to your template in QB (typically in the other field) and change the setting to use &7 instead.

SYSOPS

Hello,

I was able to change the QB setting to display the tracking number. I'm sorry about the confusion but all I want is the tracking number to be shown on the label itself. Will that be possible? Just like the Invoice # will be fine.

Can you help me understand what you're looking for on the label? The tracking # is at the bottom of your example label (area you blacked out). See screenshot.

SYSOPS
    Attached Images