Untitled Document

Thread: Will ShipRush Developer SQL support ODBC? OLE DB no longer supported by Microsoft

Ever since I made my server PCI compliant by disabling TLS 1.0, I can no longer connect to my SQL Server 2014 database with ShipRush Developer SQL. It seems that only OLE DB providers are supported by ShipRush and that Microsoft has dropped support for OLE DB. SQL Server 2012 is the last version to support OLE DB. I am going to have to drop ShipRush and find another product if I cannot get it to use ODBC or find some other way to access my SQL Server 2014 database now that I have disabled TLS 1.0. I created an ODBC DSN on the client but ShipRush will not let me select it. It appears that only OLE DB is supported. Is this really the issue or am I missing something?

Name:  MicrosoftTeams-image.png
Views: 59
Size:  33.0 KB

Name:  MicrosoftTeams-image (1).png
Views: 79
Size:  17.4 KB
    Last edited by shark92651; 09-27-2017 at 04:47 PM.

Have you tried selecting OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers, and then connect to your ODBC DSN that you created on the local machine?

I just tested that here and I'm able to connect to my SQL server with that configuration.

SYSOPS
    Have Questions? Ask the ShipRush Knowledge Base: https://shiprush.com/kbase

Quote Originally Posted by SYSOPS View Post
    Have you tried selecting OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers, and then connect to your ODBC DSN that you created on the local machine?

I just tested that here and I'm able to connect to my SQL server with that configuration.

SYSOPS
    I didn't even notice that provider, I will give it a try. Thanks