Untitled Document

Thread: Unable to print UPS labels

I've been inconsistently able to print UPS labels this morning. Here is the message I'm receiving:

Error: Unable to submit transaction to the UPS server. Please check the internet connection or contact your network administrator (Error connecting with SSL.
    EOF was observed that violates the protocol. Unable to POST to "https://onlinetools.ups.com/ups.app/xml/ShipConfirm" (Compatible)).

The rates seem to pull up fine, but the message appears when trying to print labels.

This is version 11.

Thanks,
    Paul

We have not had other reports of UPS server issues this morning, at least none as of yet.

Do you have ShipRush on more than one machine? If so, do you get this error on that machine too?

Do you have a firewall in place? Can it be disabled for a couple minutes for testing, or can you be sure to whitelist *.ups.com for outbound and inbound traffic?

SYSOPS
    Have Questions? Ask the ShipRush Knowledge Base: https://shiprush.com/kbase

It seems to be on just the one PC, but haven't tested too many on the other packing station. We have a firewall in place, but it's the same one for our entire network and there have been no changes to it. It has been working without issue for over a year, but this particular PC hasn't been used in a while. I'm going to make sure everything is updated (anti-virus, etc.) and will report back.

Another odd thing is that the rate lookup does not always work and it sometimes reports errors for particular methods (ie - the Ground rate will display, but it will show an error retrieving the 2-Day rate).

The other PC seems to be working fine (at least printing SurePost labels). The problematic PC can print a few labels and then seems to have trouble again. Everything else appears to be connecting fine (ie - other secure sites) with the PC using the browser. I have SSL2 and SSL3 enables in Internet Settings.

I tried disabling both SSL options and just leaving the TLS enabled. That didn't seem to fix anything. I also tried disabling Windows Firewall and that didn't help either.

Something appears to be majorly wrong with the application so I've decided to reinstall it. I selected to first remove it, then reinstalled. The process is hanging. What is the best way to get this reinstalled?

Uninstall it from Add\Remove Programs
    Then, to make it a clean re-install, browse out to c:\users\public\documents and rename the Z-Firm LLC folder

Install and it will behave like a new installation

HTH,
    SYSOPS
    Have Questions? Ask the ShipRush Knowledge Base: https://shiprush.com/kbase