Untitled Document

Thread: Changing return address on Express shipments changes origin ID

We have SR integrated with our ERP system and I have duplicated this by calling the visual interface as well. Also this seems to have started a couple of months ago before our upgrade from V11 to V12, it just took that long for the warehouse team and FedEx rep to get me the details.

Based on the customer and our agreements with them we set the return address on the interface to our facility or their return facility and have been doing this for about 6 years. What we are seeing is that if I set the return address to the customer requested address it is also changing the origin ID and routing/station code prefix on the 6 character segment 2 - 4) above the barcode located at the bottom of the label.

For example, both shipments below are out of our facility in Raleigh NC and the behavior is the same if we ship on our account or their account:

If the return address is our facility in Raleigh NC and shipping to an address in Atlanta GA, the origin ID is SOPA and the routing code is SH TMAA

If the return address is our customer in Hebron KY, and shipping to an address in Atlanta GA, the origin ID is LUKA and the routing code is TW TMAA

Our local center in Raleigh is advising they have to re-label all our air/express shipments. Which is up to 300+ a day so they are not really thrilled with us at the moment.

Is this behavior correct and or would setting up profiles with alternate return addresses be the correct approach?

Thanks in advance

Is this behavior correct and or would setting up profiles with alternate return addresses be the correct approach?
    Alternate Return Addresses is exactly for this situation. You'll want to have that configured so that the routing is correct for the physical origination, but a different return to address on the label

HTH,
    SYSOPS
    Have Questions? Ask the ShipRush Knowledge Base: https://shiprush.com/kbase

Thanks for the quick reply.

In setting up the profile for this scenario, do I need to populate just the address in the profile with the customer address or do I repeat our address in the company section and add the customer address in the Alternate Return Address section.

Your address in the company section and then populate the Alternate Return Address with their information.

SYSOPS

I created a profile and if I manually select it, I see our address in the from but a little purple line above it saying Alt Return Address: (address)

If I select that, the station ID is that of the customer but the prefix in the routing code is right for our station.

I think I have an issue is the ERP is sending the customer address as the From address and I have no way to change that and with the volume and multitude of customers they would not be accurate in selecting the right profile.

Is there a way to still populate the from address and set the routing code as it is coming off our meter?

The only way I know to set this properly is with Alternate Return Addresses. How to control from the ERP would be a question for their developer.

SYSOPS

The only way I know to set this properly is with Alternate Return Addresses. How to control from the ERP would be a question for their developer.

SYSOPS

I had a thought on the way home tonight. How does the visual interface determine what profile to use?

Right now I am passing customer return address as the from. What if I passed Customer name, my address, created a profile for customer name, my address and set the return address to the true return address for the label? Would the from address trigger a find to a corresponding profile, thus loading the alt return address by default?

The visual interface has to be told what to use. Do you have different accounts, or are these all set up under a single account as different profiles?

Let me know on the above, and I may have to ask development if profiles can be controlled through the developer portion of the software.

Thank you,
    SYSOPS