Untitled Document

Thread: Estimated Shipping Charges vs Actual Shipping Charges

We are using the Shiprush visual interface and here is the problem I am having. My estimated costs come out to $37.25 on the Shiprush form but when I ship it, the actual shipping charges that come back is $40.35. I can get this value so its not a huge problem. The issue we are having is the COD amount when "Add Shipping Charges" = True. In this case, it is adding the estimated shipping charges ($37.25) to the amount that I am entering in the COD amount textbox. This is incorrect since the actual shipping cost is $40.35. How do I make this work for my customer that is asking me why these estimated shipping costs are off a few dollars?

Have you reviewed the billing for any of these shipments? This is UPS Basic? We get the rates directly from UPS for your account, so we need to determine what isn't being set properly on the shipment to cause a rate difference.

Residential? Weight or DIMs not being set correctly and UPS is adjusting?

SYSOPS
    Have Questions? Ask the ShipRush Knowledge Base: https://shiprush.com/kbase

Hi, thank you for getting back to me. I am using the Pro version. This seems to be a problem when the COD Amount is checked. So, i am doing a shipment right from the Shiprush app and not through our interface so I can rule that out. I entered in a valid (non-residential) address for one of our customers. I check the COD checkbox and enter in $100. Then I check the "Add Shipping Charges" checkbox. This COD amount is now 121.82 which is ($100 + $21.82) which seems ok. However, when I hit the ship button, the shipping charges change to $24.92 but my COD amount stays $121.82. It should be $124.92, right? I definitely could be doing something wrong on my end but I'm not sure why this is happening.

I tried to attach screen shots but not positive it worked. .

Thanks, Mike
    Attached Images   

If you go into View Shipments and clone the shipment, is the Residential box checked by any chance? Also, go to Help | About and let us know the version\build.

Thank you,
    SYSOPS

Yes!!! After I cloned this shipment, the residential checkbox was checked. Also, I am running Shiprush Version 11.2.10.302. Thanks, Mike

OK.....at time of shipment residential is being set. What needs to be reviewed on this

If you rate the shipment after you have it dialed up, does the residential box get checked during the rate process?
    Do you have address validation enabled in settings?

SYSOPS

How do you "Rate the shipment after its dialed up"? Does that mean just change the Service Type so the estimated cost gets updated? I tried that and the residential checkbox does not get checked. I do have the address validation turned on. I had it on Basic but tested Robust and Strict. All of them let me ship this without residential checked and all of them increased the cost when it shipped. The issue does appear to be the residential checkbox though. If i check it, the amounts do match before and after I save.

Thanks, Mike

OK...we are investigating this. Case 67820. We will update this thread when more information is available.

Thank you,
    SYSOPS