Untitled Document
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ShipRush UPS Pro v12 - SOAP performance issue

I think we got hung up on the issue of performance issues since upgrading (both SR and their hardware.) I think both are off the table.

The question at hand is purely a matter of them needing to optimize their performance as much as possible. To that end, understanding the key elements of hardware's impact on the SOAP server would help them make better choices in what to purchase, how to configure, and how to test. In other words, if you were to build the optimal machine for performance, what are the factors you'd be most concerned with?

Any Windows OS configurations you'd want to implement other than possibly ensuring no antivirus was running and running in performance instead of balanced or power saving modes?

No antivirus, good hardware are the best things to look at. SSD is best as well.

SYSOPS
    Have Questions? Ask the ShipRush Knowledge Base: https://shiprush.com/kbase

This is not an option I was aware of. Does this mean that they could use a combination of their local server and the cloud API just by configuring the load balancer to distribute between the two?

All of the calls/responses are the same?

The cloud API is a different animal completely. It was suggested as an option, to remove the overhead from a local machine\server.

SYSOPS
    Have Questions? Ask the ShipRush Knowledge Base: https://shiprush.com/kbase

Performance is critical for this client so the immediate question going the cloud API route is what kind of throughput could be reasonably expected. Can you comment on processing time, like labels per minute?

For reference, these are UPS shipments, mostly air, and no address validation is required (it has already been performed upstream before the label is processed.

Thanks