Untitled Document

Thread: 12.1.11.8150 CRM Connection Error and Pop-up hidden by Splash Screen.

I've got a combination of two problems on one of our desktops, running v.12.1.11.8150.
    We use ShipRush with Goldmine, currently their version 2018.1.2.15547. (Networked Shiprush, all running on Win10 1809.)

The first time I use shiprush each day, it comes up with the "Your contact manager doesn't appear to be running" error message. If I tell it to retry, it always connects. (Also note, if I exit Shiprush completely from the taskbar, and then reload it, it always connects the second time no problem.)

The error message would only be an annoyance, if the window did not consistently pop up BEHIND the Shiprush loading splash screen. That seems to be stuck "On Top", hiding the pop-up message.

I can usually find OK to click on, but it's annoying. The same "pop-behind" activity has occured on all our machines with 12.1.11.8150. Fortunately the other less tech savvy user's machines' don't usually have trouble connecting to Goldmine.

The "pop-behind" I am assuming is a bug that need to be fixed?
    Not sure if there are any suggestions to helping Shiprush to find Goldmine on it's first run of the day?

Let's focus on the communication with Goldmine first. Do you leave GM running overnight on the machine, or do you close it and restart it? Do you completely close ShipRush each night as well?

Is GM running in the elevated "admin" mode at all (right click run as administrator)?

Anti-virus present on the machine? Have you tried with that disabled\off to see if there is a communication block?

SYSOPS
    Have Questions? Ask the ShipRush Knowledge Base: https://shiprush.com/kbase

This is on a workstation that get's shut down completely every night.

The shiprush server is running on a separate machine that does not get shut down every night.

GM on the workstation is not set to run elevated.
    The only AV is Windows Defender. Have not attempted to disable it.

OK...odd.

The fact that it does connect the second time make it sound like there's a blockage causing us to not see GM running at first. Usually I lean towards AV being the culprit. Any other apps running that are communicating with GM?

SYSOPS

Word, Excel are the only other programs. I'll try to run some experiments with Defender Disabled, and also with whether or not I have Office loaded before after, and try to report back. Thank you for the help.

It does actually appear to be Windows Defender. Turning off "Real-time protection" does allow it to load up the first time. Turning it back on, the problem returned. Not sure what to do about that, other than to re-try.
    If there was a way to get the pop-behind bug fixed, that would make it much easier to deal with. Hunting down the dialog box to hit OK to is a challenge.

Interesting that Defender is doing that.

I've opened Case 69700 to see if we can address the message window issue staying behind the splash screen. We'll alert you when an update is available.

Thank you,
    SYSOPS