Untitled Document

Thread: Return address

Is there any way through the API to have a different location address and
    return address?

Is this desktop or web ShipRush? Is this specifically for FedEx?

Thank you,
    SYSOPS
    Have Questions? Ask the ShipRush Knowledge Base: https://shiprush.com/kbase

Quote Originally Posted by SYSOPS View Post
    Is this desktop or web ShipRush? Is this specifically for FedEx?

Thank you,
    SYSOPS

We are using your API to communicate to the shiprush .

Yes....but which one? We offer the desktop version (ShipRush is installed locally on a computer), and our web API. Also, which carrier or carriers are involved?

Thank you,
    SYSOPS

One of our customers they have problem they are going to have different return address.
    Is there any way through the API to have a different location address and return address?

I found this link https://my.shiprush.com/docs/zfirm/E...O_Zip_Code.htm
    (
    The PO Zip Code is if your local post office (the one you send from) is in a zip code different than the FROM address zip code. This does two things: It assigns the volume to the post office that will actually handle the packages, and it is used to calculate the postage for zone based shipping. Use this only when the FROM address has a zip code different than that of the post office that handles the packages.
    )

We would like to make sure this is our solution ,
    How can we send PO Zip code on XML Request through the API?
    Please advise us .

this is our customer question :

"I have a question for you. We are drop shipping for Groupon Goods. They have a return address in Kentucky zip 41048 to process returns and exchanges, nothing comes back to us. I noticed however that the ZIP on the postal pricing endicia is also 41048 even though we are in California. In the past when we used Endicia for our postage we were able to establish our office location and it didn't have to match the return address.

Is there any way through the API to have a different location address and return address?

If so can you please give me some details about that so I can pass it along to my IT company that built our software? We cannot change the return address according to our customer, however now with the new USPS zone based pricing we want to be sure that we are accurate with the USPS rates as well."

Make sure you have the PO Zipcode element in your request

From the XML:

Code:
    <ShipperAddress>
    				<UPSAccountNumber></UPSAccountNumber>
    				<Address>
    					<POZIPCode>98122</POZIPCode>
    				</Address>
    			</ShipperAddress>
    HTH,
    SYSOPS

I Added POZIPCode to the XML

This is not changing rate or label print.

Example
    <Request><SerialNumber Value="nevershowthis" /><Settings><Parcel TYPE="TLabelPrinterSettings"><PrinterType>fpLaser</PrinterType><PrinterName>HP LaserJet P2055dn UPD PCL 6</PrinterName><PrinterModel>Laser / Inkjet</PrinterModel></Parcel></Settings><ShipTransaction><Shipment><ShipperAddres s><AddressQualifier Value="37" /><Address><Company Value="Main Site" /><Address1 Value="520 N. Central" /><City Value="Glendale" /><State Value="ca" /><PostalCode Value="91203" /><Country Value="US" /><Phone Value="" /><POZIPCode Value="91206" /></Address></ShipperAddress><DeliveryAddress><AddressQualifier Value="18" /><Address><Company Value="100397100397" /><Address1 Value="1401 South Glendale Avenue" /><City Value="Glendale" /><State Value="CA" /><PostalCode Value="91205" /><Country Value="US" /><Phone Value="" /></Address></DeliveryAddress><HasShipNotification Value="0" /><HasExceptionNotification Value="0" /><HasDeliveryNotification Value="0" /><Package><PackagingType Value="02" /><PackageActualWeight Value="0.54" /><PkgLength Value="0.0000" /><PkgWidth Value="0.0000" /><PkgHeight Value="0.0000" /><InsuranceAmount Value="0" /></Package><Carrier Value="0" /><UPSServiceType Value="59" /><ShipmentChgType Value="PRE" /></Shipment></ShipTransaction></Request>

Do You what is the problem or how this is affecting?
    Last edited by SYSOPS; 01-29-2019 at 07:03 AM.

Would the rate really change between zipcodes of 91203 and 91206? They are both in Glendale.

Also, the PO Zipcode will not change anything on the label itself. It is used for rating if shipping from a different physical location.

SYSOPS