Untitled Document

Thread: Using SCAN Form for USPS Priority and First Class

Hello,
    I have started using ShipRush again for USPS (stopped using when I terminated my FedEx account).

Yesterday (Sunday), I printed 81 USPS Priority mail labels, and 5 First class labels. I dated the labels for Monday.

I used the SCAN Form option on Sunday night, fearing that the form wouldn't print after Sunday. The SCAN Form only showed 81 Priority labels, and not the 5 First Class labels. Today (Monday), I printed 21 more USPS Priority labels and printed the SCAN form. After the SCAN form for the 21 Priority labels printed, a second SCAN form printed for the 5 First Class labels (the labels that I printed on Sunday). Just to recap - I printed labels on both Sunday and Monday and all were dated for Monday.

1) Why didn't the SCAN form for the First Class labels print on Sunday?

2) Do I need to print the SCAN form the same day I print the labels, even though they are pre-dated for the next day? Or, can I print the SCAN form once I'm done all my shipping (even if it's over 2 days).

Thank you.

1) Why didn't the SCAN form for the First Class labels print on Sunday?

****The SCAN form for the First Class labels did the correct thing. If you set the Ship Date forward by a day, the scan form shouldn't be available until the date on the shipments.

2) Do I need to print the SCAN form the same day I print the labels, even though they are pre-dated for the next day? Or, can I print the SCAN form once I'm done all my shipping (even if it's over 2 days).

****No you shouldn't have to. Were you doing shipments late in the night on Sunday? That's the only thing I can think of, causing the postal servers that your priority shipments were generated on thought it was the next day, and triggered the SCAN form when requested by our system.

SYSOPS
    Have Questions? Ask the ShipRush Knowledge Base: https://shiprush.com/kbase

Hello -- thank you for your reply.
    As a follow-up

1) I printed 81 Priority mail labels, and 5 First Class labels on a Sunday dated for Monday. When I printed the SCAN form on Sunday evening around 9pm EST, it only showed the 81 Priority labels (no First Class labels).

On Monday, I then printed 21 additional Priority labels (dated Monday), and when I printed the SCAN form, 2 forms printed: the 21 Priority labels, and a second sheet printed showing the 5 First class labels that I printed on Sunday (dated for Monday). I hope this makes sense -- the SCAN form is not following the same protocol if you're saying the date doesn't matter.

Yes.....I followed from the first post. I was just wondering about the timeline itself (when the SCAN form request was done).

You shouldn't have gotten a SCAN form Sunday night, if the packages had a ship date for the next day (Monday). I've opened Case 70736 to investigate further. We will update here when we get more information.

Thank you,
    SYSOPS

Thank you for your help!

So that I understand how the SCAN form works, I will use this example:

If have a ship date on my labels for Tuesday, and I pre-print shipping labels over a few days....let's say Sunday, Monday and Tuesday, I can print the SCAN form on Tuesday and it will collectively add all 3 days labels together from my View Shipment tab to create one barcode on the SCAN form?

If have a ship date on my labels for Tuesday, and I pre-print shipping labels over a few days....let's say Sunday, Monday and Tuesday, I can print the SCAN form on Tuesday and it will collectively add all 3 days labels together from my View Shipment tab to create one barcode on the SCAN form?
    Yes...that is how it's supposed to work.

There may be a bug in the system that we are talking to right now that caused the scan form to trigger for those future date shipments, when it shouldn't have. What you saw for your first class shipments was correct. Printed in the correct day, based in the ship date.

SYSOPS

Ok...thanks for all your help! I do have one last question:

If I print labels dated for Monday, I have to print the SCAN form on Monday, correct?

If I print labels dated for Monday, I have to print the SCAN form on Monday, correct?
    If you want a SCAN form to bring to the post office, yes. It has to be generated on the day the shipments are marked for. It is not necessary to generate a SCAN form for the labels to be accepted. The post office does like a single SCAN form though, for ease.

HTH,
    SYSOPS