Untitled Document
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Move to new server & update

I am getting ready to retire my old server and want to move shiprush pro UPS & discount postage to a new server. At the same time I want to update from 11.2 to 12.1. The old server is still running fine. I would like to have access to our prior shipments.

What is the best way to go about this?

I might have jumped the gun but I started a fresh install of UPS pro on the new server and am at the "configure UPS account" step

Thanks!!

You're fine with a fresh install, as that is the proper first step on a migration. Please commission your installation for UPS. Once that is commissioned, shut all ShipRush parts down, including the service.

Now....on the old machine:
    Grab a copy of the database, typically under c:\users\documents\z-firm llc\shiprush\database
    Also go into the registry and locate HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\UPS\UPSlinkHTTP\Client s\ShipRushServer (or Wow6432Node if 64bit OS)
    Grab the value for MailboxID as we will need that for the new installation server

On the new server....replace the database with the one from the old server
    Go out to the same area in the registry and update the MailboxID value from the old server on the new
    Start ShipRush UPS and let it upgrade the database
    Now...if no errors....it is setup on the new server
    Exit ShipRush UPS and you can install ShipRush Discount Postage as well

HTH,
    SYSOPS
    Have Questions? Ask the ShipRush Knowledge Base: https://shiprush.com/kbase

Success, thanks!!

Ok , mostly success. The install on the new server is good but having a little problem with workstation. When I try to connect to the new server I get

"unable to find shipping accounts on your ShipRush server"

for UPS or Postal? Did you repoint the existing installation, or is this a new installation?

SYSOPS

Still working on UPS

I tried to attach existing first but I am not sure what version I had so I uninstalled and started a fresh install.

OK...how are you pointing to the new server, by machine name or shared folder location? If machine name, you'll want to make sure traffic isn't being blocked by any firewall locally.

Did it ask you how to connect after you uninstalled? The config files may still be in place. If that's the case, you can go out to c:\users\public\documents and delete (or rename) the z-firm llc folder, and then try to start up ShipRush again and connect to the new server.

HTH,
    SYSOPS

Yes it did ask. I am pointing to machine name. I renamed the folder and tried again. I see it created a new folder but same result. Do I have to do anything with permissions on the server folder?

If pointing by machine name, you don't need to do anything with the folders. This is communicating with the service running on the new server.

Verify the service is running on the new server
    On the server and workstation, disable firewall and see if the connection works
    If connection still appears to be failing, try to ping the server from the workstation. Does that return a valid response?

If this is firewall related, you can open the ports for ShipRushServer.exe
    ShipRushServer.exe Inbound access: port 3841 and 1124

HTH,
    SYSOPS

Hmmm, the service is running however if I run the app on the server I see the connection is to the folder. If I change the connection to the service the application wants to setup a new UPS account.

I shared the folder and now I can connect the clients if I use the share.

I took a look in the DB manager and found that the client was pointing to where I have the db (d:\zfirm) but the server was pointing to the default location. I changed the server.ini to the new location but now the service starts and then stops.