Untitled Document

Thread: Get item weight from listing

There is an option to get item weight from listing. Where is this information pulled from? I assume that it could only be used if your auction is listed using calculated shipping. If my assumption is correct that would be odd because calculated shipping is not possible with FedEx and the shiprush eBay version is designed for FedEx. Shiprush for eBay would be unnecessay if FedEx was integrated within eBay/Paypal.

Blog Entries
    Hello!

Please see notes below.

Quote Originally Posted by IsoLate
    There is an option to get item weight from listing. Where is this information pulled from?
    The ebay listing system only lets you add weight if you use their shipping calculator. That is where we pull it from.

It may be (not sure) that with blackthorne or other listing tool you can set item weights and bypass the ebay calculator.

I assume that it could only be used if your auction is listed using calculated shipping.
    Yup!

This is basically a quirk of the ebay listing UI. They should allow you to put in your weights, and make the shipping calculator optional.

But for now, at least, it is all tied together in a package in the eBay listing wizard.

that would be odd because calculated shipping is not possible with FedEx and the shiprush eBay version is designed for FedEx.
    Well.... you can always use the ebay calculator to calculate how much to charge, and then ship it however you want.

Given that you set the weight and the handling fee in the listing, you can set the calculator to use UPS Ground (or any other option) as the service basis.

The calculator is just to calculate how much to charge the buyer. The shipping process is in your hands. As long as your listing is clear on how you will ship (say FedEx Ground), then use the calculator.

If I were doing this, I would do a few calculations in the eBay calculator as a 'spot check' to compare against what FedEx ground charges.

Shiprush for eBay would be unnecessay if FedEx was integrated within eBay/Paypal.
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhh. Now you are going to make me cry..... <g>

For folks shipping, say, under 5 things a day, you are probably right. But for anyone doing more than that, I think (you tell us!) that ShipRush is faster and easier to use than the eBay/Paypal shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by SYSOPR View Post
    Hello!

Please see notes below.

The ebay listing system only lets you add weight if you use their shipping calculator. That is where we pull it from.

It may be (not sure) that with blackthorne or other listing tool you can set item weights and bypass the ebay calculator.

Yup!

This is basically a quirk of the ebay listing UI. They should allow you to put in your weights, and make the shipping calculator optional.

But for now, at least, it is all tied together in a package in the eBay listing wizard.

Well.... you can always use the ebay calculator to calculate how much to charge, and then ship it however you want.

Given that you set the weight and the handling fee in the listing, you can set the calculator to use UPS Ground (or any other option) as the service basis.

The calculator is just to calculate how much to charge the buyer. The shipping process is in your hands. As long as your listing is clear on how you will ship (say FedEx Ground), then use the calculator.

If I were doing this, I would do a few calculations in the eBay calculator as a 'spot check' to compare against what FedEx ground charges.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh. Now you are going to make me cry..... <g>

For folks shipping, say, under 5 things a day, you are probably right. But for anyone doing more than that, I think (you tell us!) that ShipRush is faster and easier to use than the eBay/Paypal shipping.
    I am also interested in this feature. I see this thread is over three years ago. Has there been an update? I like to use the ShipRush feature to download the weight from the listing. Please advise how I can do it.

You have to sell an item with a weight. ShipRush will pull in that weight.

Make sure you have ShipRush configured to get the weight:
    Settings | Handling Orders
    Get Item Weight from Listing

SYSOPS
    Have Questions? Ask the ShipRush Knowledge Base: https://shiprush.com/kbase

Quote Originally Posted by SYSOPS View Post
    You have to sell an item with a weight. ShipRush will pull in that weight.

Make sure you have ShipRush configured to get the weight:
    Settings | Handling Orders
    Get Item Weight from Listing

SYSOPS
    I have more questions:

1. eBay: I have the final weight for some but not for all my eBay listings. If I configure some listings but not all, would I be able to tell in Order Manager which listings got the weight pull in and which listings are using the default template/weight?

2. Amazon: Can ShipRush pull in the weights from Amazon listings?

You can add the Column Weight to your Order Manager screen to see if a weight was imported with the sale.

ShipRush should be able to pull in the weight from Amazon as well.

SYSOPS

I don't see the selection of WEIGHT in Order Manager under PAID section. I see WEIGHT in the BULK SHIP section. However, it is showing the default weight of the template. As not all my listings have the weight entered, I like to know which ones got the weight pulled in from the listings and which ones are just default? Is this possible?

Ahhh, I see. Weight isn't a column available for the Orders Screen, at this time. Opened a case requesting that: Case 22482. That way you can see an item weight before adding it to Bulk.

Just tested the Bulk Area, and it appears that the weight shown is not what is set as default but was the weight is on the item itself (if it has a weight). If the item doesn't have a weight in the order details, it will use the default weight from the Bulk settings.

SYSOPS

I have tried everything and still can not get the weight to show up. Not only that I can not get the dimensions as well from blackthorne. How can I import the weights and Dimension from Blackthorne?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tonofwork View Post
    I have tried everything and still can not get the weight to show up. Not only that I can not get the dimensions as well from blackthorne. How can I import the weights and Dimension from Blackthorne?
    ShipRush gets the listing details from ebay itself.

The problem is that blackthorne knows the weights, but ebay only know the weights if the ebay ship calculator is used. So (on your listings) if you do free shipping or flat rate shipping, the weight is not available from ebay.
    -----------------------------------
    The Blog: http://forums.zfirm.com/blog.php

YouTube channel: http://youtube.com/shiprush

Thank you for using ShipRush!