Untitled Document

Thread: Fedex Ground & Home Delivery on Saturday, Sunday or holiday

ShipRush won't allow you to "Ship" a Home Delivery on weekends or holidays. Ship Manager won't allow it either. You get an error message saying they don't pick up on Saturday, Sunday or Holidays [FF43]. I got the low down from Fedex Customer Service & also Tech Support.

Ground does not operate on those days so even if you actually deliver up the package to Fedex the package does not "Ship" until the next business day. The obvious work-around is to set the ship date to the next business day. Don't take this to mean that you can date a shipping label and then tender the package to Fedex on different date; that is a no-no.

Blog Entries
    Thank you for the detailed write up!

Quote Originally Posted by ewolf
    Don't take this to mean that you can date a shipping label and then tender the package to Fedex on different date; that is a no-no.
    In our experience, the package can always be tendered AFTER the date on the label, but not before. So if it is Monday, and you process 20 (or however many) shipments, but don't tender them until Tue or Wed, there should be no problem.

(This happens all the time for folks whose FedEx driver comes in the early afternoon, and the shipments processed after pickup are still dated for that day, but won't be tendered until the next day.)

('After' here means one to three days after.... not 7 to 20 days after...)

I asked both 1-800 Cust Svc and Tech Support about tendering packages on the label date and both insisted it must be the same day.

My experience is that the commericial shippers and not so rigid about their regs. The local dispatch office will give this customer some slack. The local UPS guys accomodate me on Hold for Pickup.

Which reminds me, they should be holding a package this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by SYSOPR
    (This happens all the time for folks whose FedEx driver comes in the early afternoon, and the shipments processed after pickup are still dated for that day, but won't be tendered until the next day.)
    For situations like this, I would propose to allow setting the "planned shipdate" which can be changed once the Fedex Driver picks up. That would allow continued processing of orders for a future date without needing to change (and remember to change) the date on each package.

I have a thread under the SR for USPS ( http://forums.zfirm.com/showthread.p...9651#post19651 ) that describes this in detail.

The one addition is that a separate "Planned Shipdate" should be stored for each SR USPS, SR UPS and SR Fedex because each one of these carriers may pick up at a different time, or in particular, because I could have a "Planned Shipdate" of Saturday for USPS but Fedex would not be doing a Saturday pickup.

Thanks!