Untitled Document

Thread: templates not working, and label problems in shiprush UPS

I just installed shiprush UPS for quickbooks (I'm a longtime user of shiprush FedEx, which is also installed), and I have 2 problems:

1) Templates are appearing on the menu, but when I open one up to make a shipment, none of the info I filled in (ie weight, dimensions, etc.) appears

2) when I went to print UPS labels, they start printing half on one label, and half on another, and skipping a label-length (I have an eltron, and the labels are printing fine using the 2443 setting in my shiprush FedEx - I noticed that the UPS shiprush doesn't have a pulldown for label stock size...)

Please help!

1) Templates are appearing on the menu, but when I open one up to make a shipment, none of the info I filled in (ie weight, dimensions, etc.) appears
    I don't follow this statement. You open a template, and type data in, and the data does not appear in the airbill, or you've made a template and the info you saved in the template doesn't appear? If you make a new template, does that work? If so, delete the pre-made templates and create new ones. Here is the helpfile link for making a template:
    http://www.zfirm.com/Product_Documen..._Templates.htm

2) when I went to print UPS labels, they start printing half on one label, and half on another, and skipping a label-length (I have an eltron, and the labels are printing fine using the 2443 setting in my shiprush FedEx - I noticed that the UPS shiprush doesn't have a pulldown for label stock size...)
    Using 4x6 or 4x6.75 inch labels? Development is aware of this issue and are working to resolve. It appears that the label stock that ShipRush is expecting is 4x8.

SYSOPS
    Have Questions? Ask the Z-Firm Knowledge Base: http://www.zfirm.com/support/knowledge_base.asp

For the templates, I'm creating a new one from a blank airbill, saving it, restarting the application, selecting my template from the menu in the system tray, and none of the data that I saved is showing up. I even verified that the xml contains my data in it.

For the labels, what do I do in the meantime? When will there be a fix? If it doesn't use the 4x6 labels, I can't use the software, since we ship both fedex and UPS using the same printer.

I see the issue in the template, reporting to development. Hopefully they will have a fix for that soon.

As far as the label stock issue, I do not have a timeframe for that. Options currently would be to print to a laser printer, or convert your label stock to 4x8.

SYSOPS
    Have Questions? Ask the Z-Firm Knowledge Base: http://www.zfirm.com/support/knowledge_base.asp

Blog Entries
    This is in the hands of development as case 12627.

Stay tuned....

Printing resolution:

Power the printer off
    Power it back on while holding the button (usually green) down
    Once the Printer is powered on, release the button
    Should flash red, and start printing
    Once printing is done, recycle the power to the printer

Now go into ShipRush and process a shipment
    Should print correctly on one label

Keep in mind, that if you print to the printer with any other software (like WorldShip etc), it may re-introduce the issue to the printer and the steps above are needed to reset the defaults in the printer itself.

SYSOPS

That did it. It was a bit different:

- it didn't start printing 'till I hit the button
    - then it went into "dump" mode until I hit the button again
    - then it worked right.

Thanks!