Untitled Document

Thread: Help -- Error Message: Unable to connect to Order Manger

I signed up ShipRush/Endicia last night, everything looked fine. Synced with ebay, paypal and amazon.

Today I had a crash on my computer....so the computer restarted.

I start ShipRush, immediately it is doing an update (not sure if this update is scheduled by ShipRush or is caused by the crash...). After the update, ShipRush gives this error Message:

Unable to connect to OrderManager
    Unable to find databaseId for ShoppingCartURLConnection
    To obtain new or upgrade your ShipRush license please contact Z-Firm at (xxx)....Or select an option:

Let me enter a different ShipRush serial number
    I am running the right contact manager now, try again
    Run Stand Alone (without contact manager)
    Close ShipRush

Only Close ShipRush seems working.

I have no idea what is going on ... Is this happening all the time? I start to doubt if I can use this app to operate a real business....

Please help.

Michael

Added:

I deleted the database folder, restart ShipRush, repeat the setup process and now it runs. However, I got the strange time stamp for each new transaction. I captured the screenshot at 1/21/2009 11PM CT, however, the transaction already shows 1/22/2009.... see attached.

Added 2:
    Is it upgrading is scheduled to be happening today by ShipRush, or it is caused by my system crash?
    Attached Images   
    Last edited by shopmmc; 01-21-2009 at 09:13 PM.

Let's see if we can cover all of your points.

I have no idea what is going on ... Is this happening all the time? I start to doubt if I can use this app to operate a real business....
    Let's call this system crash. It corrupted our database.

Unable to connect to OrderManager
    Unable to find databaseId for ShoppingCartURLConnection
    To obtain new or upgrade your ShipRush license please contact Z-Firm at (xxx)....Or select an option:
    System crash. Corrupted database.

I deleted the database folder, restart ShipRush, repeat the setup process and now it runs. However, I got the strange time stamp for each new transaction. I captured the screenshot at 1/21/2009 11PM CT, however, the transaction already shows 1/22/2009.... see attached.
    I will have to ask development about the date\time and how those are created in ShipRush (if they are based on date\time info only from PayPal, or some mix).

Is it upgrading is scheduled to be happening today by ShipRush, or it is caused by my system crash?
    ShipRush does not auto update its own software. You might be seeing a database update or backup after your crash.

SYSOPS
    Have Questions? Ask the ShipRush Knowledge Base: https://shiprush.com/kbase

Hi,

Thanks for quick response. Here one another question related.

As you know Microsoft Windows is not crash proof. If this happened next time, what is proper procedure to recover ShipRush without loosing all order information.

This time, I fixed the database problem by deleting the whole database folder and started everything over. Next time, can I use the backup folder? Could you advise what is the proper procedure in such a case?

Thanks,
    Michael

Yes you can use the backup folder, as long as a backup was created prior to the crash.

Here's a link to the helpfile that discusses backups and database locations:
    http://www.zfirm.com/Product_Documen...Data_Files.htm
    http://www.zfirm.com/Product_Documen...__Database.htm

SYSOPS
    Have Questions? Ask the ShipRush Knowledge Base: https://shiprush.com/kbase