Untitled Document

Thread: Bug - QuickBooks zip code field display missing hyphen

Doesn't have the hyphen; displays 9 digits "999999999" when importing properly formatted "99999-9999" zip code from QB customer record? Address validation fixes display, but none of the Address Validation settings have any effect on initial display.

Address Validation only happens after the information is on the shipping form. Does the fact that the hyphen is missing cause an error?

SYSOPS
    Have Questions? Ask the ShipRush Knowledge Base: https://shiprush.com/kbase

What do you mean by "error"? Are you asking me to send a malformed address through the USPS? You're kidding right? You know I won't and I'll have to re-validate the address for every label I send because of this bug.

Your core competency has to be creating shipping labels and the Zip+4 format is older than the hills. The only appropriate response is: "We're sorry. We recognize the problem. We will have a fix by XX/XX/XXXX".

I had high hopes for this software, but I'll have to keep looking. $20/mo extra is too much for buggy software.

BTW, the same bug shows up in QuickBooks Shipping Manager, so I won't waste any time looking at your UPS product, either.

The question was, were you getting an error as you attempted to ship? I guess the answer is, no, no actual error. The address is validated at time of shipment, and the zipcode is displayed as zip+4 on the label.

Yes we do see the issue, and has been reported to development as an aesthetic issue to allow the hyphen to follow as part of the zipcode if present. Case 26714

Thank you for trying ShipRush.

SYSOPS
    Have Questions? Ask the ShipRush Knowledge Base: https://shiprush.com/kbase